Questions... - Part 14

The lovely aroma of orchid flowers brings me back to my senses. The smell gets stronger and stronger, as I wake up and open my eyes. Everything is blurry for a couple of seconds, and all I realise is that I'm in my leaf-made bed at camp, covered in a silk blanket. Where did this come from? Then, as my vision gets back to normal, I look around the room and see the source of the wonderful scent, they're actually three, three colorful orchids in a big round vase with weird patterns on it, resting on the table. Next to it, a white envelope. Wondering what it is, I get up to open it, but as soon as I sit up, I feel dizzy. Immediately I shut my eyes. My memory comes back gradually, and I remember the silhouettes, the chase and the hit. That's why my head hurts now, isn't it? Anyway, I get on my feet and walk to the table. The orchids smell wonderful and they look amazing. I gently touch the soft petals. Then I take the envelope in my hands, carefully observing it. It's completely white, with the same patterns as the vase on the sides.When I open it, there's a letter inside, maybe a message for me. It's handwritten in the most beautiful calligraphy I have ever seen, better than Christian's, and let me tell you, he has an amazing handwriting. Take it from me, I don't just throw around compliments all the time, especially for Christian. Out of all the people in Leiden, he's the one I miss most. I mean, he was a real pain the ass, but he was a kind of entertainment for me. You know, the dissing, the cursing, the names I used to call him and then he would take his bible out, put a golden cross on my forehead and pretend to do something like an exorcism on me to get rid of all the evil spirits that possessed me, of course, it was a joke. I would sometimes laugh at it, on a good day. I miss that, not him, in no way I do not miss Christian, at all. Why would I miss Christian anyway, he's nothing, it's nothing, maybe I'm thinking this because of my headache, yeah, that's it.

I realise that I'm standing with a letter in my hands staring blankly at the void in front of me. Earth calling Luna, get back to real life. I blink three times and shake my head. Now, back to the letter. I read it out loud:

" Dear stranger,
Three wonderful flowers and a cloud-like bed cover made from the finest silk for you, as an apologize for your pain. Good luck. "

That's it.

That's it?!

I turn the paper to see if anything's on the back, but no, that's it. This doesn't solve anything, it just mixes stuff up more! Who left this? Who are they? What are they? Nothing!

I fold the paper and put it back in the envelope. It's not like it served much. A sad sigh comes out. Well, at least  now I know I'm not crazy and that I didn't imagine them back in the forests. I have a headache to prove it. Also, I know now that my skills haven't worsened. I'm okay, but flooded with questions. Who am I gonna ask?

Now that is a good question. Who am I going to talk to? The trees? Or the information center of the woods?! They know who I am, where I live, what I do, and I know shit about them!

Another heavy sigh.

I walk back to my bed and lay down again on the blanket. They're right, it's so soft. Still, an unusual gift. Who gives out free blankets?! At least tonight I will have something to keep the cold away, and my sleep will be softer than ever.