Plans - Part 15

I spent the whole night thinking about the answers to my questions. I hadn't seen anything strange in the forests, not thing like this at least. I have seen souls, beasts, lurkers, calmians, everything but humans or creatures like them, whatever they are. I only saw black silhouettes, not bodies. If they thought that some gifts were going to make me give up on finding them, then they are so wrong. It has just given more reasons to look for them. It's time for me to get out of my little safe camp and smell the roses, it's time to go hunting, not for souls, but for black silhouettes, even though I'm pretty sure they're watching me right now, surveying me, trying to stay away from me. Why? I will mean no harm if they don't hurt me, and they haven't, even though they have had the chance. How will I find them? Where?

I can't stay here anymore.

I open "the door" of my camp-house, if you can call it so. Immediately I start running, my basic instinct. To where? I don't know.

I run and run until my feet hit the water. I'm at the river banks. It has rained, that's why the land is muddy. I hadn't noticed the scent until now: you know that specific smell after it rains, my favorite. I'd make a perfume out of it if I could. I stop and take a deep breath of cold air. It's refreshing, calming.

Breathing out, I make plans.

Breathing in, I find answers.

Breathing out, I find peace.

Breathing in, I feel alive.

Coming here, in the forests, is the best decision I have ever made. And nothing is going to make me leave. I feel like I belong here, like I was born to be here. Haven't you ever felt the same way about a certain place? A place that felt like home? If not, then I'm sorry for you, because it's the best feeling in the world, it's pure and innocent.

Goosebumps rise on my skin from the cold air surrounding me. I take one last deep breath. It's time.

I walk back to camp with clear thoughts in my head. I know what I'm going to do, and I have plenty of time to do it, because it's sunrise. I will find these fuckers. I will get my answers. And I will do it today. They can run, but they can't hide.

I enter the camp-house again, with a maniac smile on my face. This is going to be good.