Monday, September 28, 2364

INTERIOR - Boarding Area of Spaceport Fontana - DAY

Spaceport Fontana (area where ships are docked) Mooring leading to VIA Bon Homme Richard.  Crew Transfers are underway.  The group includes Commodore Vauclain, Wing Commander Müller,  Chaplain Saetang, Sous-Commander Pfenning as well as Captain Yılmaz of VIA Chesapeake.

COMMODORE VAUCLAIN (seeing two officers approaching):  Oh Lord, that gives me life, lend me a heart replete with thankfulness!

Captain Campbell and Commander Hernandez walk up to Commodore Vauclain and the group of officers.

COMMANDER HERNANDEZ:  Sir!  May I present to you, the newly promoted Captain Campbell.  I accompanied him while he journeyed aboard Chesapeake from Bingham and briefed him as requested on his new commission. 

COMMODORE VAUCLAIN:  Welcome  Captain Campbell!  You don't become a captain of a capital spaceship by being damned good.  You have to be the best to get command of one of these. 

COMMANDER CAMPBELL:  By day and by night, while awake and while dreaming, I've been preparing for this moment.  But I feel especially honoured to be serving with you and Task Force Seven. 

CAPTAIN VAUCLAIN:  Well said, indeed.  Fellow officers, let's welcome the new captain of Bon Homme Richard!

All present applaud.

COMMANDER CAMPBELL:  Thank y'all.

COMMODORE VAUCLAINCome, let us board.

Commodore Vauclain, Captain Campbell, and Commander Hernandez exit, boarding VIA Bon Homme Richard.

WING COMMANDER MÜLLER:  How did he get that promotion?

CHAPLAIN SAETANG:  Wing Commander, you're losing your temper now.

WING COMMANDER MÜLLER:  Cardinal, I can see it in your face. If I stay longer, we shall bicker over old arguments. Therefore goodbye.

Wing Commander Müller exits, boarding VIA Bon Homme Richard.

CHAPLAIN SAETANG:  So, there goes Müller fuming.  He still remains next in line for the promotion.  All the pilots respect him.

SOUS-COMMANDER PFENNING:  And the Commodore respects him and will still take his advise.  If you support me in this, we should talk with Hernandez and advise her to coach the new captain on the command dynamics here.

CHAPLAIN SAETANG:  We shouldn't wait.  I'll go talk with Hernandez now.

Chaplain Saetang exits, boarding VIA Bon Homme Richard.

CAPTAIN YILMAZ:  Pfenning, Müller's wounded pride will bother the new captain, which means it will bother the whole task force.  But we should also watch how Campbell tolerates the arrogance of the chaplain. 

SOUS-COMMANDER PFENNING:  You and I just need to carry on, however Müller and Saetang affect the new captain.

Captain Yılmaz exits walking down the spaceport hallway.  Sous-Commander Pfenning exits boarding VIA Bon Homme Richard.