Tuesday, December 9, 2369

INT - Command Room of Spaceport Fontana - Day

Dead bodies, Human and Baubijn, lie on the ground from a recent battle. Adek stands over the dead body of Lieutenant Rodriguez.

ADEK

So, comrades, some of you go now and destroy the Nuovo Sabaudia Hotel.  Others, go to Faculty of Law and destroy it. Destroy all the faculties of the university.

ID'K

I have a request, Comrade Adek.

ADEK

What is it, Comrade?

ID'K

Only that the laws of this spaceport may come out of your mouth.

OLAN

(Aside to As'm)

As'm, it will be sore law then, because he was stabbed in the mouth with a spear, and it is not healed yet.

AS'M

(Aside to Olan)

No, Olan.  It will be stinking law for his breath stinks with eating toasted cheese.

ADEK

I have thought upon it, it shall be so. Away, burn all the records of the realm: my mouth shall be the parliament.

OLAN

(Aside to As'm)

Then we are like to have biting statutes, unless his teeth be pulled out.

ADEK

And henceforward all things shall be in common.

A Baubijn rebel enters the Command Room.

BAUBIJN REBEL

Comrades, a prize, a prize! Here's Commodore Otieno, our tax collector.

Enter Evis with Commodore Otieno.

ADEK

(To Commodore Otieno)

I am the broom that must sweep this place clean of dirt like you.

COMMODORE OTIENO

Baubijn ...

ID'K

(cuts off Commodore Otieno)

What are you saying about us Baubijn?

COMMODORE OTIENO

(knowing Baubijn will not understand Latin)

Bona terra, mala gent.

ADEK

(To Baubijn rebel)

Take him away, and behead him.

COMMODORE OTIENO

Tell me, what have I done to offend you? Have I affected your honour? Tell me. Have I stolen money? Is my uniform luxurious? Whom have I injured, that you want me dead? These hands are guiltless of shedding innocent blood. I harbour no deceitful thoughts. Tell me, why not let me live?

ADEK

(To Baubijn rebel)

Away with him.  Strike off his head.  Then go to the prisoners and find Commander Kim.  Bridle any remorse and strike off his head.  Bring both their heads back here.

BAUBIJN REBEL

It shall be done!

COMMODORE OTIENO

If God should be so pigheaded as yourselves, what would happen with your souls when you make your prayers?

ADEK

Away with him, Comrade!

Baubijn rebels exit with Commodore Otieno.

ADEK

The proudest foreigner in this place shall not wear a head on their shoulders, unless they pay us tribute. All property shall be held by our collective.

ID'K

Comrade Adek.  When shall we go this spaceport's marketplace and distribute the commodities?

ADEK

Soon.

ID'K

Marvelous.

A Baubijn rebel enters with the decapitated heads.

ADEK

(To Commodore Otieno's head)

Aren't you braver now?

(To Baubijn rebels)

Comrades, delay the plunder of this spaceport until tonight. We will parade through the halls with these heads carried before us. Proceed!

All exit.