chapter 1: selective amnesia

Danielle

The whole damn world is spinning like a merry-go-round.

Or wait..

Is it the bed doing the twist?

I pry open my eyes while groaning as the blinding sunlight slaps me in the face. I squint, trying to make sense of the unfamiliar room that's spinning faster than a Tilt-a-Whirl.

Hold up a sec... Where the hell am I?

It's a swanky room, all fancy and shit. But my stomach feels like it's boiling, courtesy of either the killer hangover I'm sporting or the fact that I've crash-landed in some random dude's bedroom.

I yank back the fancy sheets and a sight greets me. I'm only wearing a white long-sleeved dress shirt that barely covers my upper thighs. My nipples peaking through the fabric.. and where the hell is my bra?

I remember what I was wearing the last time. It was a skimpy red dress with black two-piece underneath. Yet, here I am, staring down at a pink panty with a friggin' ribbon on it in the middle. Seriously?

But how the hell did that happen? Well, fucking beats me.

"Oh, shit!" I mutter as my brain goes into panic mode.

Who the hell did I end up fucking?

I tried to remember what went down the night before but I couldn't think straight due to the fact that my head is still in a spin.

But I couldn't care less about that unknown person right now 'cause all I need is to get the hell out of here, wherever the hell this is, and go back to my place.

But I couldn't just simply walk away wearing something like this.

"Okay, Dani, take a deep breath and think of your own survival." I encouraged myself trying to collect ideas.

First, I need to look for my belongings.

I frantically rummage through the room, searching for my clothes like a madman. But they're nowhere to be found.

"Shit! Where is it?" I cursed underneath my breath and put my hands in my head.

I walked over to the other side of the bed and that's when I spot my purse chilling on a nearby chair like it's my only hope in this mess I absentmindedly got into.

As I hurriedly searched for my dress, hoping to finally leave, a voice pierced through the silence, causing me to jump in surprise.

"Were you looking for these?"

The voice chimed in, its deep yet feminine tone throwing me off guard.

I paused, mid-search, my eyes widening in confusion. "Oh wait, who said that?" I asked mentally, hesitating to turn around.

So with cautious curiosity, I slowly twisted with my heart pounding in my chest.

Standing there was a taller woman who had sharp features, resembling a feline. Her eyes, big and captivating.

She was holding my dress and, to my utter embarrassment, my pair of underwear that I had worn last night. My face flushed with surprise and mortification.

"Uh, y-yes, those are m-mine." I stammered.

The feline-like woman tilted her head. With a nod, she approached me, and oh boy, did she smell amazing in the morning. A scent of minty freshness enveloped me.

She extended my belongings towards me. Just as I was about to reach out and take them, she swiftly lifted them out of my reach. I blinked in surprise, my hand hanging in mid-air feeling like a deer caught in the headlights.

"You want them back?" she teased with a smug look.

I could feel my cheeks burning with embarrassment as I failed to reclaim what was mine.

I stared up at the woman as frustration slowly boiling inside me. My bra and panty were dangling shamelessly in her fingers.

I let out an exasperated sigh trying to reach for my precious undergarments and dress, but the woman just lifted them higher with a playful smirk on her face.

Well, this is getting on my last nerve.

"Can you just give those back to me?" I said as my voice tinged with annoyance. I just wanted my damn underwear and dress so I could get the hell out of here.

"No, not that easy." she replied, her lips curling into a waggish smirk.

I furrowed my brows as disbelief was written all over my face. This situation was becoming less funny and more infuriating by the second, adding the layer of hangover still pounding in my skull.

"Look, I'm not playing your silly little game. I just need you to hand them over so I can peace out before I lose my shit." I threatened her. But instead of taking me seriously, all I heard was a chuckle escaping her lips.

What the actual fuck is wrong with her? And why does her laugh sound sexy?

Wait– this isn't the time for it!

"You have to earn it before I hand these back to you."

I crossed my arms, giving the feline woman a skeptical look. "Like what? Kneel down and beg for it?" I asked in sarcasm.

"Kneel down? Beg for it? Hmm.." the woman repeated with a suggestive undertone and a knowing look in her eyes.

My eyes widened in surprise, cheeks flushing at the realization of my own words.

"T-that's not what I meant!" I trailed off, unable to bring myself to say the words.

Her lips curled into a more annoyingly wicked smile as she nodded slowly. "Oh, you catch on fast."

"What exactly do you want?" I groaned in frustration but deep inside my curiosity is getting the better of me.

A mischievous glint danced in her eyes as she leaned even close and her voice lowering to a sultry whisper.

"I want you to make it up for leaving me hanging last night.." she paused.

"And I want you to do it in a way that shows just how sorry you are.." the woman added with demand.

Last night.. Just what happened to us last night?