chapter 9: inevitable

DANIELLE

"Kang Haerin."

I didn't even realize all eyes were on me when her name slipped out my tongue.

Haerin, on the other hand, has shifted her attention when she got involved in a conversation with Miss Kim and Mr. Jung.

"Is everything alright, Dani?" Hanni whispered. She tried to gauge my state of mind when she noticed my discomfort.

Shit. I remembered I haven't disclosed Haerin's name to her yet when I told her about our failed hook up so she doesn't have any idea about her.

And speaking of the motherfucking devil, Haerin has once again never failed to gag and surprise me every damn time and just casually appearing everywhere.

"Oh, it's n-nothing. Just a bit caught off guard, that's all." I quickly composed myself, not wanting to draw further attention to the situation.

"By the way, can you please put this on my desk for me? I'm just gonna have a quick run to the restroom." I handed Hanni the cake Soobin gave me earlier. I suddenly don't have the appetite to eat it anytime later.

"Okay sure, take your time and don't worry about it, we still have fifteen minutes left for our break, so there's no reason for us to be called over." she reassured me. I nodded at her in agreement and then turned my back to leave.

I was still baffled by Haerin's sudden appearance, but I noticed how she was looking different today. Similar to Minji, she looked too serious, cold, and intimidating. Almost as if you wouldn't think she's the same person who fucked me in the public shamelessly.

After that dinner happened where I also had last seen Haerin in the flesh, our interactions have mainly been casual text exchanges whenever we found the chance to do so but not too often.

Unfortunately, I still have no knowledge about the her background or what her life is like. The one thing I did know for certain was that Haerin was incredibly a wealthy gorgeous person and that's all.

As much as I wanted to know more about her, I was hesitant to ask. I feel that she would just brush off my questions and redirect the conversation.

Well, about the part where we get to have sex, I believe it's just something we do together and it's a big part of why we communicate. It's like a casual thing, kind of like a fubu setup from what I assumed, but we haven't really talked about putting a label on it yet. It's too soon for now.

No sooner had I stepped foot into the restroom that I quickly locked myself into a stall and my back against the door with a heavy sigh. Luckily, it was empty in here, enough to give me a moment of peace to gather my thoughts.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I cursed multiple times and shut my eyes tightly. "What the hell is she doing here?" Panic started to set in.

What are the odds that she'd be here, in this place, at this moment? Standing in one place with Miss Kim?

"Okay, Dani, calm down... this isn't the end of you." I took a deep breath to calm myself down. I couldn't let myself lose it, not here, not now.

Also, it's not like Haerin will do something reckless like telling everyone we did some nasty things, 'cause who in their right mind would do that in a corporate setting? Besides, she looked so professional and poised right now...

I heard the door click open and I immediately got ahold of myself so whoever went inside wouldn't get weirded out.

When I recovered, I emerged from the stall and tried to act normal. But what greeted me was the smug look of Haerin, leaning back at the sink with crossed arms.