C H A P T E R 4

1 WEEK LATER

"OH MY FREAKING GOD!" I screamed, I couldn't think of any lyrics. I felt like having a mental breakdown. I am suppose to make my comeback in 4 months with a mini album and I still haven't finished composing a single song yet.  I was in my studio at HYBE, and calmly losing my shit. 

YOONGI'S POV:

I was walking in the halls of HYBE, my earphones plugged in as I listened to some of the songs by some new artists. I came across Ae-mi's songs and I quite liked the beats and lyrics going on. Her songs were then added to my playlist. 

Suddenly I heard some faint screaming, who could it be? It's Saturday afternoon, not many people come in at this time. I removed my earphones and followed the sounds. It was like humming to some song. The sound led me to a room, in the corner of the floor. I peeked inside the half opened door to find a girl sitting on a chair, papers scattered all along the flooring. The room was no less than a studio, instruments and a recording station set up there. 

"When did songwriting get so freaking COMPLICATED"

Oh she was writing a song, I recognized her voice...Ae-mi.

I felt the sudden need to give her some company and some ideas. I knocked on the already opened door gaining her attention.

She flinched and looked in my eyes, as hers widened.

"Looks like your going through some difficult stage in writing a song, mind if I give you some company?"

She got up and bowed, tugging her messy hair behind her ear as she looked down and apologized, "I'm sorry you had to see me in this condition sunbaenim, take a seat"

I smiled and pulled a chair to sit beside hers. I noticed that she was still standing so I told her to sit. She was probably embarrassed.

"No need to be flustered, as a producer and songwriter I felt the need to help you out. Every artist goes through this. It's normal."

She looked up to me, "I know, but it's just embarrassing sunbaenim."

"Aish, cut the formalities, just call me Yoongi. It's not like we haven't met before, right?"

She nodded, I couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looks without makeup. Her medium length hair, all messy from frustration still look good on her. Her doe-eyes remind me of Jungkook's.

"Anyways, do you mind if I help you out?"

"Of course not, I'm honored."

She showed me her papers and spoke, "I wrote these down when I was a trainee, but now that the comeback is near, PD-nim told me to not write new songs but just tweak and improve some parts in these. But the thing is I can't come up with a catchy melody nor can I come up with life-changing lyrics"

She pouted a bit, making me snicker. I read the lyrics, some were good but others could go through some improvement.

And then we spent the rest of the day, changing and re-doing 3 songs from her mini album. It was now 7 pm, as we both were drained out completely.

 She found herself opening up to me and talking to me more like a friend than her senior, which I quite liked. It made me pop my social bubble around her. We had the same opinion on ton of things. 

She leaned back into her chair and massaged her temple. Looking at me, she smiled.

"Thank you so much for helping me out Yoongi, I enjoyed your company a lot. I don't get to talk to others very often."

Of course, she is a rookie soloist. She probably has no one to talk to. Because of certain restrictions and certain privacy-related matters. At least most idols have their band members to rely on during hard times. I felt a bit bad for her honestly.

"Any time, let's stop for today."

"For today?" She questioned.

"If you want to, I can help you out more some other day..."

"But I mean- you just started your short-term break, don't you need some time off from the music industry?" She asked worriedly. Being one of the top artists in the music industry can be stressful. We haven't gotten a proper break since the end of our tour 11-12 months ago. I could really use this time for rest but somehow I feel so happy and care free today, mainly because I am with her.

"I don't think so, I enjoy making music. And plus, I liked spending time with you."

She got a bit shook, was I too straightforward. She cleared her throat and asked, "I-I've been meaning to ask you this...will you help me in producing and song writing this entire album?"

I felt happy, for some reason. I nodded.

"The thing is that I do know how to produce, compose, and write a song. But I will need some assistance, at least for now it seems. And the producers I worked with for my debut album were a bit pushy, no offence. I was probably just overwhelmed by the pressure, but I would prefer working with someone whom I actually know, y'know?"

I agreed, she has a point. I broke out into a smile as  took the opportunity of working for her to get closer to her, I don't know  the exact reason, but my heart just tells me to do so. 

We talked for a while, and then were about to leave the room when I asked her nervously,

"Ae-mi...Do you wanna grab c-coffee right now? If you have time...It's already 7:30, we could enjoy a small snack. What say?"

She looked at me for a second before smiling and nodding, "Let me grab my stuff, I'm free."