C H A P T E R 13

AE-MI'S POV:

We opened the door to my studio with a huge thud. Panting, I made my way towards the desk and looked rummaged through all the papers on it.

"Y-yoongi...my lyrics, I-I" I wasn't able to form any words. It was getting hard to process. My brother stole the keys to my studio and stole my lyrics. But how was that possible?

"Shh, calm down. Open your computer. We have saved the demo versions and I had mailed you the lyrics remember?" Yoongi suggested, gently wrapping his arm around my waist and going through the papers with the other.

"Y-yes!" I hurriedly opened the computer and went through my saved files.

"Y-yoongi, It's not-"

"Let me check, it should be here and it is!" He told me, taking his hand off my waist and went through the documents again. After 15 minutes of searching and searching, he furrowed his eyebrows and kept scrolling as I was searching around the room for the printed copy of the lyrics. "Ae-mi, check that blue folder you always kept your handwritten lyrics in." He suggested.

The environment was tensed up, I searched for the usually heavy and bulky blue folder from the cabinet of books and files near the guitar. I sighed in relief when I found it, but unfortunately I realized that it felt light, light as a feather. Oh no...

"The folder is empty, not a single page..." I said as I opened it finding nothing inside. It was so strange that it was all gone when there are at least more than a 100 pages inside. I put the most nonsense lyrics written by me inside this folder. How?

I clumsily walked over to Yoongi, almost tripping on the way. He was searching his email and then mine. I sensed that he too was unable to find anything. How was I so dumb to not figure it out ages ago?

"Ae-mi..." He turned around and looked into my wide doe eyes. He sighed and pulled a chair and sat my down on his lap. If another person saw it, they were sure to assume that we were a couple. I brushed those thoughts aside and looked at the computer screen.

"We'll find the lyrics okay?" He said, gently caressing my thigh with one hand as the other operated the computer. 

We spent about 1.5 hours, only searching for the files and lyrics. I kept scrolling my phone to see my mail where it was saved, but it was found deleted. My search history too. No way I was to find it in my phone.

"This is impossible..." I said, almost breaking down while resting my head on Yoongi's chest, who almost flinched when I did so. I guess he was too engrossed in finding the files.

"I'm sorry Ae-mi, it's not here...the demo versions that you recorded are also not here." He said, in the softest voice I heard. 

I looked at him, his arms around me. A tear slid down my cheek as I recalled the past months of me staying up all night for these songs. 

He wiped my tears and said, "Its fine...We'll get them back."

"No! We lost them...we worked too hard on it. My fans want the new songs, I want to release them. I didn't work so hard only for it to be stolen! Those songs were supposed to get released by the following weeks. What am I suppose to do Yoongi..?"

"Who do you think stole them?" I spoke further.

"I hate to say this but I think we both believe that it's your brother. He probably stole the keys of your studio when you were gone thinking you would least suspect him of doing so. But there's no way he would be allowed inside this building, so I think he's got some connections with the staff, trainees or in the worst case scenario any idol. And maybe he told them to steal them from you." He said, stating his opinion, which was probably mine too.

"He said he hates me and wants me to do household stuff and quit my job being an idol. But I never thought he was go that far for it!" I said, sniffing away the tears that threatened to fall like snowflakes in the winter.

"Wait- you have cameras in here right!?" Yoongi spoke out of nowhere.

I rose up from his chest and looked him in the eye and nodded as he smiled at me.

"We'll find the culprit, don't worry."