Chapter 49

They are vague...

But...

They are there...

The memories.

Sasha pushed away from him, fighting to breathe as she stared at him shocked. Her eyes snapped to the trunk of the tree before meeting his muted gaze that was void of any darkness or evilness.

His muted gaze was the most lethal of them all. You just couldn't understand what he was up to.

"W-What was that?" She forced the words out of her mouth.

"What do you think?" His calmness was scaring her. She preferred his psycho-lunatic side more than this one. "I..." She was baffled. Her mind was forcing her thoughts to take the path he was pointing at but her heart was in a denial phase. 

"My p-past..." She trailed off, not knowing what to say yet her mind was in chaos.

He stepped towards her and she unconsciously stepped back. "Our past." He corrected her and she swallowed thickly. Tears burned the back of her eyes when she realized that she was something to him even in her past life. He however never died and was still living in those memories yet he never once forgot about her. She didn't know if she needed to glorify it or be terrified by it.

It was crazy.

He was crazy.

He took another step towards her and she took a step back.

He stepped further again and she stepped backward until she was knocked against the trunk of the tree with him hovering over her like a death flag.

"Now, Now...shall we recreate our lovely memories?" He asked, more like ordered and she immediately shook her head. "I h-have questions?" She breathed out. Her throat clogged up and her chest burned. "Could be answered later."

"No, please. I ha-"

"Shhhh...shut up, fucking shut up." His ferocious tone had her stopped breathing. His jaw was set but his eyes remained muted, his expressions remained blank, unlike his tone and words. She stared at him with teary eyes. He was the definition of brutality and she was just a fragile rose that had lost her scent somewhere in the devil.

This was the first time he spoke to her in such a harsh tone. It made her heart hurt as well. Her chin trembled and her lips wobbled as she stared up at him. She could tell he was controlling his demons. If he was still controlling them then how would he look if he wasn't controlling them?

"Sasha, I'm barely hanging on the string of my patience."

She turned her hands into a fist.

"I-If you didn't want me to as-ask questions then why did y-you show me that ima-image." 

"I can always shut you up." His words had something boiling inside her, Maybe, rage but she was scared as well. Scared of his whole existence. She recalled the dream she had with a stranger. They were sitting under the open sky filled with stars and that stranger more like her lover was right beside her. 

Could it be him?

The mere thought had her heart stuttering.

She lowered her gaze down to her feet.

By the looks of it, they were something in her past life and maybe she did something that ruined him and now he was causing all of that chaos around her and inside her. But still, she was not her even though the face was the same. But if she wasn't her then why has she always dreamed about such things? As if they happened in her past.