✬ 𝑫𝑨𝒀𝑺 𝑮𝑶𝑵𝑬 𝑩𝒀 ✬

I woke up to Adam rapidly tapping me, "Y/nnnn, rise and shineeeeee" he sang, completely off-key.

"What?" I complain, rubbing my eyes in an attempt to adjust to the bright lighting from the windows in our tent.

"You have to go on that supply run later with Glenn and the others, and knowing you, you'd end up sleeping through it if I didn't wake you," Adam explains, it made perfect sense but that didn't change the fact I planned on going back to sleep.

"Uh-huh" I mutter, already starting to doze off again, just as I was almost asleep I felt a freezing cold liquid being slashed over me, I shot up and glared at Adam, who stood with a huge grin across his face and a plastic water bottle in hand.

"You son of a bitch, I swear down, I'll get you back for that, you just wait." I warn him, I intend to get him back worse, maybe throw him into the lake? But then again, I don't think I have enough strength to even push him.

Just then, Ryan entered the tent with a grin on his face.
"Hey, mom? Could I go down to the lake with Carl?" He questioned me.

"If Loris is fine with Carl doing so then yeah," I tell him with a smile, he hugs me and then runs back outside of the tent.

It's nice to see him so happy, especially in a time like this, over the last four weeks or so he's seemed to be dealing with it all well. I really do hope they come up with a cure soon though.

Though I don't know if that will actually ever happen. Especially since the government had bombed Atlanta.

Everything is a mess now, the worst part is knowing one day my son could have to take lives to save his own.

"Why doesn't he ever ask me instead?" Adam questions with a hand over his heart to be dramatic.

"Because you always say no" I joke, causing adam to break character and groan in annoyance.

"Joking" I mutter as I shift closer to him and rest my head on his shoulder, I hated how everything has been recently but I liked the sound of the world, it was so quiet. Peaceful. Not hearing a car engine roar, or an exhaust pipe cackle. Just sheer silence during the night and early morning, other than the birds occasionally tweeting. Away from the walkers too, maybe not everythings so bad.
__________________

After getting dressed I went outside to greet everyone, once doing so I walked into the woods from sheer boredom.

I continued to walk north until I arrived near a cliff, I loved the view and decided to sit down...just for a while since I had already eaten my food and didn't need to leave for the run just yet.

I pull out the pack of Marlboros from my front pocket of the flannel shirt I was wearing, took a singular cigarette out and stared at it.

It's a filthy habit I should kick, but sometimes I just can't.

Maybe when the worlds back in order

I think to myself as I pull out a plain black lighter, I flick the lid back and watch the flame grow, then bringing it to my cigarette.

As I brought it to my lips and took a large burn, I heard light rustling behind me, then footsteps. But the footsteps were too in sync to be a walkers, since they un-evenly drag themselves.

I turn my head and saw Dixon, Daryl Dixon. At least it wasn't Merle, got a higher chance of him pushing me off the cliff than us having a normal conversation.

"Thought you could sneak up on me or somethin'?" I question him as he walks slightly closer.

"Nah." he mutters, looking at my cigarette in hand as I took another long burn of it.