1. We Can't Afford This Shit

The telephone rang, before a woman spoke over the phone. "Hi, you've reached the office of Dr. Stuart Price. Please note the office will be closed until the 24th. If this is an emergency, please try–" before the voicemail could finish, Lauren hung up the phone and began speed-dialling Stu.

"Hi, this is Dr. Stu Price. I'm getting married, so I'll be out of the country for two weeks. I'm not sure if I'll have cell service. If this is a dental emergency, pl–" once again, before the voicemail could finish, Lauren hung up and turned around from the window.

"Nothing." She shook her head, as Tracy sighed and Lauren walked over to sit next to her, while her mother and father began conversing in Thai.
"Daddy, please. You're not helping!" Lauren pleaded.

"I looked into his eyes. Not the eyes of a man. The eyes of a coward." He firmly told his daughter, as his wife held his arm, asking him to stop in Thai, as Tracy's cellphone began buzzing.

Tracy looked down at her cellphone, and excused herself to go outside and answer it.
She answered the phone once she was outside. "Phil." She whispered, walking further away from the house.

"Tracy... I'm sorry." He spoke on the other line, his tone apologetic.
"Where the hell are you?" She sternly asked him, as he sighed and looked around.
"It happened again." He told her, sighing.

"Don't say that. Please." She pleaded him, closing her eyes in frustration.
"No, this time we really fucked up." He alerted her.
"Seriously, what is wrong with you four?!" She scoffed.

"So much, Trace, I don't even know where to begin." He replied, shrugging his shoulders with his hand on his hip, while Stu sat on the stair with his head on his knees, Alan a couple of steps up, just looking down at his feet, and Evelyn biting her thumbnail, nervously, a step below Stu.

"Oh, God. How bad? Like.. no wedding bad?" Tracy asked him, thinking that'd be worst case scenario.

"Yeah..." He trailed off, turning around to look at the huge city of Bangkok, "little worse than that.."

***THE HANGOVER II***

*ONE WEEK EARLIER*
–Evelyn's POV–

I was sitting in the living room of mine and Phil's apartment, with Bella and Rachel, just talking with them about Stu and Lauren's upcoming wedding. Phil was over at Stu's dentist office. I keep telling him he needs to go more than just once every two years, but he doesn't listen. He better come back with every tooth in his head, or I'll have a field day with the 'I told you so'.

"I've never been to Thailand before. It looks beautiful online. Especially the hotel we're gonna be staying in, I'm actually excited. I was a bit hesitant because of how expensive it was, but I think it'll be good." Rachel spoke with a shrug, as she sipped on her tea.

"Oh, God, don't even talk to me about the expenses. Phil hasn't shut up about it. He keeps going on and on about how expensive it is, like the flights being two grand and it taking five days to get there. He keeps going off on poor Stu for it being a hassle and I need to apologise for his outbursts or complaints. It's more hassle just listening to him go on about it." I let out a breathy chuckle, as I sighed.

"Felix is the complete opposite, he loves spending money. But that's because his family are rich. I was surprised how nice they were when I first met them. Never really expected rich people to be as nice and welcoming as them." Bella shrugged.