12. Bangkok has him

I was laying down, my head seeming to be on someones lap, and a hand on my face, pushing my hair out of my face, as I groaned at the pain on my hip. "What happened?" I asked, opening my eyes, to see Phil looking down at my, as I narrowed my eyes from the sun.

"You passed out, but you're okay now. Does your head hurt at all?" He asked, his hand on my cheek.
"No, not really. I mostly just feel tired." I replied, in a groggy tone, sniffling.

"Okay, you don't have a concussion then. You scared me, you know that?" He chuckled.
"I'm sorry." I mumbled.
"Nah, don't worry about it. It's not your fault." He assured me, and I sat up to wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him close, with my face buried in his neck.

"It's okay.." Phil assured me, stroking my hair, as his other arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me on his lap. "How's your hip? We stopped at a pharmacy to pick up some bandages and stuff, so I put some antiseptic on and wrapped it up." Phil told me, and I looked down at my hip.

"It hurts but not as bad. Thanks for doing that." I thanked him, gratefully, as I kissed his cheek.
"Of course. Wasn't just gonna let you bleed out, was I?" Phil chuckled, furrowing his brows, as he grinned at me, and I smiled at how lucky I was to have him.

"Where are we, by the way?" I furrowed my brows, moving to sit up and look around. Stu and Chow were in the front, but Alan and the monkey were gone. "We're at the vet. Alan wanted to come here since the monkey got shot." Stu explained, and I nodded, looking out to see the blue sky.

"Is it morning? How long was I out for?" I asked, rubbing my temples. "About 6-7 hour, give or take." Chow replied, and I sighed, climbing off Phil's lap, resting my head on his chest, while his arms wrapped around my shoulders, kissing my head.

We waited another moment, before Phil got impatient and huffed, rolling down the window. "ALAN! COME ON, LET'S GO!" Phil yelled over to him, as Alan turned his head before back to facing the monkey, saying something then finally moving to stand up and ran over to the car.

"Come on, get in." Phil ordered. "Scoot over." Alan told me and I budged up closer to Phil so Alan could get in. "Oh, we gotta go see Kingsley. He's gonna be fine." Chow said, beginning to drive away, while Alan sadly looked out the window to the monkey, and I actually dipped my brows in sadness, rubbing his shoulder to comfort him.

***

The five of us all stood in the elevator, I was stood with my arms folded, my back against the elevator, standing between Phil, who had his arms crossed over his chest, leaning on the elevator with sunglasses covering his eyes and Stu who seemed to be looking around, lost in his thoughts.

Then there was Chow and Alan next to each other.
"If I could save time in a bottle the first thing that I'd like to do is to save every day till eternity passes away just to spend them with you." Chow sang along to the music playing in the elevator, while Alan joined in with him after a moment.

"Are you guys seriously this calm?" Stu asked, with a quizzical expression slapped on his face.
"Relax, Stuart. It's classic switcheroo. I give him money, he gives us Teddy." Chow nonchalantly explained, shrugging his shoulders.

"You ever do anything that doesn't end up in a standoff, Chow?" Phil asked him, looking over to him, while I leaned my head back.
"I'm an international criminal. It always ends like this. I met my wife at one-a these things." Chow told us, as I jutted my head back, in surprise, my eyes widened slightly, while Stu scoffed.

"Your wife?!" I ask, taken aback.
"You have a wife?" Stu questioned in disbelief.
"Yeah. We married 15 years. What, Chow not good-looking enough for woman?" Chow asked, offended, while I shook my head.