Chapter 50 | Meeting the Niece Herself

The large Nord grits his jaw and scowls at the floor

Selene's pale hands worked on his back, tightly pursing her lips and furrowing her brows while sitting close behind.

Ullr sat on the edge of the chaise, his muscular arms leaning on his thighs and back hunched over. The shapeshifter was shirtless, his strained muscles twitching every time he winced.

Suddenly, he flinched and hissed lowly, "Selene." He warned.

Quickly leaning back, her brows shot up, and she frowned, "I'm sorry!" She apologized, delicately continuing to sew the synthetic polymer fibres to close his back wounds. His thigh was already patched up.

"I can only prevent so much pain..." She pierced the skin and slipped another needle across the open wound before wrapping the thread around the tip of the needle holder.

Pinching the end of the thread in the needle holder, she tied a knot and slid it down until the stitches were firm.

"There," She sighed with relief, "I'm so sorry, Ullr... I can't imagine how long it's been since you last got stitches."

Closing his eyes briefly, the man sighed, "It's alright," He stared at the floor, "I'm mostly bothered by the fact Argus' attacks aren't... normal."

Selene frowned thoughtfully and stared at the stitched wounds on his back.

They weren't there for long, but he was already displaying signs of infection. They were more red around the edges and were beginning to swell beyond control. She had to give him extra stitches merely because of the sheer swelling.

"A God getting hurt already isn't normal," She commented.

Ullr clenched his fists and slowly rose to his feet, wincing as his stitches kept his wounds closed.

"Which is why we're burying him," He told her, "Cronus, Riot, and I are going out to bury him in the woods. If he crawls out of that, at least it'll take longer."

She stood up, her brows raising as she watched her husband take his shirt and walk around the couch toward the front door.

"Wait!" She stumbled around the couch, her hand resting on the back, "But you're hurt."

He stopped and turned toward her, "I know, fnteba."
[Doll.]

Walking toward her, he awkwardly bent down to press a warm kiss against her forehead, "I need the satisfaction of burying his téháge." He muttered, his beard scratching her soft skin.
[Motherfucker.]

Smiling and shaking her head with a giggle, Selene relented.

"No breaking your stitches," She ordered, gently poking his shoulder.

Rolling his eyes playfully, he chuckled. The rare smile Selene loved lit up his face, his cerulean eyes gleaming with affection.