Ch. 6: Challenge

Luz and her friends walked around, when Willow and Gus dragged her to the Emperor's Coven Demo.

'The Emperor's Coven, the only coven that lets you study all types of magic.' Luz thought as she and her friends sat in the crowd. 'Let's see what makes this coven so "good" as most people think.'

A man came out with a microphone.

"Greetings, I am Principal Bump, and I am pleased to welcome, the Emperor's Coven."

Suddenly, three people in bird masks appeared in the arena as everyone looked in awe.

"Wow!" Willow and Gus said in awe as Luz looked at them with a bland look.

"The members of the Emperor's Coven can study, not one but all types of magic! Oh! Ah!" Bump said as the three coven members made balls of water, fire, and lightning in their hands.

The crowd cheered, but Luz thought this seemed off. Her training with Batman gave her an edge when it came to seeing things that don't add up.

'Why were only they allowed to study all types when everyone else could only study one type in their coven category? And why are wild witches scolded and outlawed for doing the same but without joining this coven system?' Luz thought as she narrowed her eyes at the flashy presentation. 'It's must be some sort of power trick, mean to keep the masses in line and under control. It wouldn't surprise me if Belos made up some propaganda for the "Savage Ages" before his rule.'

Luz was taken out of her thoughts when a large Raven illusion appeared in the sky.

"Huh?" Luz let out as the raven flew towards the stage.

"And now for our special guest! You know her, you love her, give it up for the head of the Emperor's Coven, Lilith Clawthorne!" Principal Bump shouted with a smile.

'Clawthorne? Is she Eda's sister?' Luz thought.

Lilith removed her mask and cloak.

"Greetings, young witches, it is a privilege to speak to you about your futures in a Coven."

Every young witch in the crowd, minus Luz, cheered for Lilith's call out as she continued to speak.

"Much like you all, I can from humble beginnings and the way to the top is never easy. But if you work hard and let nothing stop you, you may be as I am today and earn the honor of being a Head Coven Witch!" Lilith said as some of the young witches gushed at her, "I wish you all good luck in your journey to joining a Coven!"

To finish her speech, Lilith made a wave of magic move around her to form a large astral raven like before and screeched to everyone. It then burst into a magical sprinkle as everyone looked in awe.

Luz walked out of there, she didn't know why, but she didn't trust Lilith.

'I'll have to thank Bruce when I get home, his training is paying off.'

"Luz wait!" Willow called out as she and Gus rushed out after her. "Why the sudden rush?"

"I just wanted to see more of the Covention on my own. See some of the smaller covens." Luz said, lying to them. "Maybe you should check out the plant coven? I don't think it's too late to switch tracks."

"I doubt I will ever get the ability." Willow said.

Gus and Willow walked off. Luz kept walking but bumped into someone coming around a corner.

Luz stumbled a bit as the person she bumped into fell to the floor.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" Luz asked, looking down to the person.