Ch. 18: Morning Surprises

The next day, Luz woke up with Amity clinging to her. She was surprised to see the Blight girl clinging to her but also found it cute, seeing her nuzzle against her body while she was having a good dream. Luz lightly patted her.

"Amity, it's time to wake up." Luz whispered to her.

"Hmm, 5 more minutes." Amity mumbled.

"You say that but if you do, you might be late for school." Luz whispered to her.

"Oh! Somebody's a potty mouthed in the morning." Luz said before deciding to pick up Amity and carry her out of the room.

"Oh, I so am going to remember this for your wedding." Eda said, sitting on the couch.

"It's not like that. Amity just wouldn't wake up, so I'm just carrying her down for breakfast." Luz said to Eda.

"SURE you are." Eda said as she rolled her eyes. "So, when's the first date?"

"I will burn your hair." Luz said.

"Go ahead, I was planning on getting it short again." Eda said, "I kind of miss the look I had when I was forty."

"What, like 30 years ago?" Luz asked, mocking a bit.

"Hey! I'm not that old!" Eda said to Luz.

"Sure, Eda."

Luz didn't believe this and continued to the kitchen, setting Amity at the table.

"No..." Amity mumbled, still clinging to Luz.

"Sorry, Amity but cuddle time is over." Luz said as she pulled away, making Amity wake up fully.

Amity rubbed her eyes. She opened her eyes and looked to see she was in the kitchen now, with the source of her comfort looking in the fridge for something to cook for breakfast.

"Oh, jeez, I refused to wake up, didn't I?" Amity asked.

"Yeah, you did but you were just so cute clinging to me. Like a baby sloth, that's an animal the clings to their parent at a young age." Luz said quickly.

Amity groaned.

'This is so embarrassing.' Amity thought as she put her hands on her face.

"Don't worry, I'm good at keeping things secret." Luz said.

"You better." Amity said as she pulled her hands down, showing her red face.

"I mean, I keep my powers hidden, as well as the secret identity of every Justice League member, from everyone on Earth, so I know how to keep secrets."

Luz finally found something good looking and took it from the fridge to cook at the stove.

"So how do you like you eggs, Amity? Scrambled or poached?" Luz asked her.

"Either."

Luz nodded to her and cracked open the green eggs in a frying pain. She grabbed a whisk to steer them up to be scrambled as King walks into the room.

"What's for breakfast?" He asked, sitting next to Amity.

"Eggs and sausage." Luz said to him.

"Can you... cook?" Eda asked, never actually asking if Luz could do that.

"Yep. I've cooked a few times back home and I think I'm pretty good. Plus, trial and error doesn't bother me since I can't be hurt by a too hot stove or spilt boiling water." Luz said with a shrug.

Luz looked at the pan and used her heat vision to heat it up.

"And apparently, you can cook faster with your heat vision." Eda added.

"Yep but I have to time it just right." Luz said, "My dad shaves with his heat vision, mostly because our skin is indestructible."

"Really?" Eda asked.

"Yeah." Luz said, stabbing her arm with a knife, causing the knife to bend in half, "See?"

".....That was my good knife, you know." Eda said to her, slightly surprised but getting over it.

"Sorry, I'll fix it." Luz said, bending the knife back.

"That's terrifying." Amity said.

"It's awesome!" King shouted.

"Let's focus more on breakfast and less on my powers." Luz said as she began cooking the sausage too.

Luz kept cooking until she got very still.

"Something wrong Kid?" Eda asked.

Luz turned her head slightly, listening.

"Somethings coming... something big." Luz said.

"Big? How big?" Amity asked, feeling very worried now.

"And how far?" Eda asked, standing up.

"It's almost as big as the house, as for how far it is." The ground started to shake, "Close."