Chapter 9 - Hopping to the Beat

As Saturday rolled around, I started to get ready for the dance. I texted Lucas and said, "Hey, dance is at 7:30. pick me up at 6. ". 20 minutes later, he texted me back, " k bby. " annoyed, I replied furiously, " No. I'm not your 'bby'. nor am I your girlfriend. Calm down with the nicknames." he replied, rather quickly, " k fine. Who spit in your cereal?" Annoyed (again), I walked away from the phone and started to get ready. At about 4:30, I hopped (A/N: haha, get it? hopped. cause it's a lilypad dance... I'll show myself out.) into the shower. When I got out, it was 5:15. I pulled my dress out it's plastic bag. It was a beautiful strapless dress that was black at the top, with black lace going into the lime green, tulle bottom. I just stood there. Holding out the dress in front of me. "Imagine if I was still Ten Ton Tammy..." I thought to myself. "I wouldn't be able to fit into this dress and no one would like me..." I thought again, It's been close to 3 years since my "transformation" and I don't feel any better about myself... I think about this a lot. What could've been. Would I be happier? Probably, It would be great to be who I wanted to be for change. I didn't care about my weight, I just wanted to be happy. I thought I would be happy if I was skinny. I thought that because o my weight, I didn't deserve happiness. So, the only way I thought I could be 'socially acceptable' is if I changed the way I was. Like a mask. Just hide and pretend to hate food. My phone buzzed, snapping me out of my thoughts. It's a text from Lucas, "I'll be there in 20. be ready." Oh crap. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was almost 5:45. How does one just think for 30 minutes? I quickly dried myself off an pulled the dress over my head. I paired the dress with black stilettos and went back into the bathroom to do my makeup and curl my hair. It took me about 15 minutes to finish all of that. As soon as I finished, I heard Lucas' car pull into the driveway. I put on my black earrings, got my purse, and went downstairs. When he knocked on the door, I quickly opened it and saw Lucas standing there in an all black tux with a green bowtie. Let me tell you. He is fine. Like, oh my god. he looks great.. He looks awestruck, but me being the sass master idiot says, "Take a picture, it lasts longer. " He smirks and says, "Believe me, I will. But we have to go now, we might be late." We walk out to the car after my mom got probably thousands of pictures. I ask, "Wait, what are gonna be late for? It's 6:30, the dance starts at 7:30." He just smirks and says," I'll tell you when we get there."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N: I missed you guys! I just had some serious writers block... I'm so sorry I haven't been updating. I will try my best to get on a better schedule from now on. I love you guys for staying with this story. Until later. bai humans!
-Jocelyn