Chapter 3 : Ick

Chapter 3

Ick

I ended up with three paper bags in my hands while I walked outside the mall. I bought three new clothes, one of which is a navy blue mini dress. I also bought some make-up since I haven't been able to pack all my personal stuff at home when I was leaving after vacation.

"Damn, she's bought makeup again." A jerk teases as he sees me walking in the school hallway. "I wonder how many layers of powder will you put on your face."

"None of your business." I roll my eyes at him.

I attended all my remaining classes during the rest of the day. Thankfully, I only see that guy with tattoos three times and all of them are because we're in the same class. He didn't approach me again, probably because he's too confident that I'll see him tonight.

I'm only doing this to get back that keychain. After tonight, I will never look at him again. I will even forget him!

I immediately go back to the dorm and begin prepping myself. I wear the dress that I bought earlier at the mall. It's a navy blue mini dress. I also put on some light makeup. After that, I start doing my hair. I finish it off by curling the ends of it.

"Right after I get that keychain, I'll never look at him again." I murmur before getting my sling bag.

I took the taxi and showed the driver the address that the jerk gave me. Fortunately, it's not that far away from the dorms. Right after I paid the taxi driver, I stepped out and made my way to the entrance of the club.

"(Y/N)?!" Not even a few seconds later, Damian, my friend saw me. "What are you doing here?" He asked when I'm supposed to be the one asking that. Damian owns his own bar so I don't know why he's here. Probably messing around with some of his friends.

"Hello, I missed you." I hugged him. "I'm here for a very funny reason." I sighed, obviously sarcastic with my tone.

"Are you with someone? You can join us here if you want!" He pulled me towards their table but I only let out a laugh, shaking my head.

"No, Damian. Maybe next time? I have to attend to something really important." I said.

"Fine. Just be careful. There might be nasty adults here. Call me if you need me." Damian offered.

After our conversation, he went back to his friends while I continued to walk past everyone who's on the dance floor. Some guys tried to hit on me or ask for my name and number, but I refused and didn't waste my time on them.

I find myself drinking some wine at the counter in front of a bartender. The only source of entertainment here for me is when he prepares a drink for another customer. I don't feel like dancing or joining the crowd since I have another thing in mind.

"Waiting for someone?" The bartender asked.

I shook my head. "Not really. But he's supposed to be here." I started looking around the suffocating dance floor.

All of a sudden, the lights went dimmer and the crowd went wild. They clap their hands and shout, scream, and cheer for whoever's on stage right now. Oh, a rock band! The guy immediately came inside my mind.

The lead singer hypes up the crowd while the other three band members play their song intro. I watch them until I lock eyes with the most annoying jerk I've ever met in my whole life. He raised his eyebrow and a teasing smirk appeared on his lips. Proudly, he strums the bass guitar and begins to passionately be one of the band while the crowd is jumping and singing along with them.

"Are they always playing here?" I asked the bartender

He nodded his head and chuckled. "Sometimes not. But when they're here, the club is always jam-packed. They're like the best-sellers here instead of the drinks." He joked.

"Are they popular? Do you know their names?" I curiously asked.

"Oh, yeah. They're quite famous in town. And I heard they're trying to find a good record deal. Uh, names? Yeah, but I often hear the bassist's name a lot. Maybe the most popular guy in the band." He chuckled.

It caught my attention. "What's his name?" I asked, gesturing at the guy on stage. I cringed as I watched him blink at his fans while confidently performing with the instrument.

"Hyunjin. I think."

"Hyunjin." I murmured.

"You know him? That guy with the tattoos?"

"Not really. But he's got something to give me. That's why I'm here."

"Poor you." The bartender let out an amused chuckle. I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing." He tried to laugh it off. "He's just, you know... Very playboy-like and-"

"That's not it!" I immediately get what he's trying to imply so I denied.

"I know! I'm just trying to warn you. He kisses his fan girls and acts flirty with them. I know this fact because they're always here, you know? So... might as well give you a heads up?" I cringed at what the bartender said. I shouldn't have known that fact because I'm sure it's going to give me the ick whenever I remember it!

My cheeks are getting red at this point because of all the information. "That's not going to happen. I might kick his ass if he tries to do something stupid." I hissed.

"I hope so. I heard many girls tried to resist his charm but... Oh well, all of them failed." The bartender smirked while I found myself watching Hyunjin on stage.