Chapter 16 : Gentle

Chapter 16
Gentle

The next day, I found myself at the library keeping myself busy while listening to music with my earphone. It's a good thing that I'm able to focus a lot unlike my performance the past few days.

Maybe because I don't remember Jiya arriving at the dorm last night and she wasn't there this morning. Less noise, less distraction.

I was so focused on what I'm writing that I didn't notice someone moving the chair beside me. I only figured it out when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I quickly put my earphones off and look at the person.

“Hey,” Hyunjin's smile registered to me making me smile too. “You've been here since morning?”

He's just behind me, crouching to level my face while his hand is on the table and the other is placed behind my chair.

“Yeah.” I replied, getting a bit distracted because of how good he smell.

I noticed his hair is a bit damp too. He's wearing a black shirt and a necklace with a pendant that looks spiky—like a torn of a rose or something. It caught my eye since it's the first time I've seen him wearing a necklace.

“What are you doing? Am I interrupting?” He asked, his lips nearer to my ear.

“I'm studying as usual. And no, you're not interrupting. Why don't you sit here and study for the finals too?” I glared at him when he doesn't have any notebooks or any kind with him.

Hyunjin let out a silent chuckle before sitting on the chair beside me. He wasn't contented with our distance. He slightly dragged the chair closer to mine that our knees touched. His arm is still on the back of my chair as if he's a type of fence or something. I mentally chuckle at his obvious antics.

“I just woke up. The practice ended past midnight.” Hyunjin muttered nonchalantly making me widen my eyes.

“What? What about your classes?” My eyebrows met as I ask.

“I have no class this morning, Miss.” He muttered making me let out a deep sigh before refusing to look at him again.

“Why? Do you not like it?” He concerned.

I look away when he asked me that. If I were to choose, of course I don't want him practicing from afternoon to past midnight! That's literally tiring for sure!

“You don't like it?” He asked me once again and search for my gaze. I refused to look at his side so I picked up my pen and continued writing instead.

“Fine then.” I heard him say. “No practice past midnight.”

“No. That's not what I meant.” I turn to face him this time. “Midnights are for studying. I mean, you don't need to stop practicing with your band mates when it's past twelve or—”

“I'll skip practice later and study instead.” Hyunjin muttered while resting his chin on his palm. He's staring at me with a smug expression making my cheeks feel warm.

“Are you trying to impress me?” I raised my eyebrow at him and crossed both of my arms.

“I have to be honest. Yes.” He smirked.

“You can practice, play, or whatever you want just as long as you have time to rest and study. That's just my opinion.” I said with finality.

“Your opinion matters to me. Plus, you're right Miss. Actually, thanks for reminding me of that. You're so smart, you know?” Hyunjin chuckled amusingly while tucking a few of my hair strands behind my ear.

“Uh-huh.” I just agreed and continued studying my papers.

All of a sudden, few guys approached our table. I looked at them and realize they're Hyunjin's friends and one of them is his band mate.