Chapter 15 : Here For It

Chapter 15
Here For It

We ended up staying inside his car that's parked near the underground car park on the campus. Good thing I managed to get some cotton balls, band aids, and a betadine from my locker.

I must be calm now that the situation is over but my hands are still shaking a bit. It's actually my first time witnessing a fight as big as that.

I'm very worried because Hyunjin's involved.

“Are you mad?” It was the first question he asked after I started treating his bruises.

“Don't move.” I seriously glared at him while lightly tapping the cut on his lower lip with the cotton.

“You are mad.” He concluded with a sigh.

I saw how his expression changed and it somehow tug a string in my heart. Why do I hate it when I see him sad?

“I was just worried, okay?”

“You are worried about me.” A smile suddenly appeared on his face as if it's his happiness knowing that I'm worrying about him.

“It's not funny, Hyunjin. You almost got jumped on by three guys at once!” I almost punched his tattooed arm in annoyance! The black shirt he's wearing fits perfectly on the way his muscles protrude everytime he moves.

“Were you scared, Miss?” Hyunjin's tone suddenly became more gentle and his eyes expressed a longing desire.

I refused to look at him in the eyes and just focused on treating his wounds.

“Of course! It was a huge fight and you were involved!” I spat bitterly while applying the bandaid on the side of his forehead.

“Tsk.” He scoffed. “What did you want me to do? Watch how that boy kiss you in front of everybody?”

“That's not the point. You could've just pull me away instead of starting a fight. What if the students weren't able to break up the fight, huh? And now they're out there waiting for you outside!” I faced the other side of the car and crossed my arms. This is so frustrating! Doesn't he get what I mean?

He didn't say anything after that. But not even a minute later, I felt his gentle touch on my elbow.

“I'm sorry.” Hyunjin softly mumbled.

I didn't respond and just let myself breathe to relax and calm down. All of a sudden, he held my hair and put some strands behind my ear. I can feel him looking closer at me to gain my attention.

“Miss...” he whispered. “I'm sorry.”

I quickly turn my head to the side to face him. I didn't even flinch when our faces were only a few inches away from each other. The racing thoughts inside my head cannot be tamed until I ask him a direct question.

“Do you like me?” I asked.

Hyunjin looked at my eyes with a serious expression. Then slowly, his gaze went to every feature of my face down to my lips. He licked his lower lip before slightly tilting his head.

“Yes.” He answered.

My heart instantly dropped! My question was direct—of course his answer would be too!

I looked down on his lips and suddenly missed the feeling of his lips on mine.

“What about Kelsey?” I almost whispered.

Hyunjin raised his eyebrow. “What about her?”

“Hyunjin, I'm serious. You know she likes you too!”

“But I don't.” He nonchalantly said. “I like you. Not her. What you knew about us is wrong, (Y/N). We're done with each other long before the issue came out.”

“It was an old picture?” I asked, surprised about it. The image of them that's been posted on the page appeared in my mind again.

“Yes, Miss.” He nodded.

I went silent after hearing that. After fighting my feelings for him thinking that he's still with her, because I don't want to ruin any relationships, here he is confirming that they're done. I don't know what I'm specifically supposed to feel at this point.

“Do you like me?” Hyunjin softly asked.

I nodded my head while still staring at his lips. I want to imagine kissing him again. But this time, longer and deeper, without interruptions, and no worrying about the consequences.

“Yes.” I replied.

Hyunjin didn't waste any second after that. He held my nape and pull me close to kiss my lips. I closed my eyes and put my hand on his cheek while he tilt my head to the angle which he could kiss me best. I'm not an experienced kisser, but I could tell that Hyunjin is. He leads while I only follow. And every glide of his lips on mine made me shudder.

We only let go to catch our breaths. I could feel the warmth of my cheeks despite of the cold air inside the car. Hyunjin held my chin again and kissed me one more time.

“You remember our kiss, don't you?” Hyunjin asked in a teasing tone.

I nodded my head slowly as a response. Embarrassment rained on my face when I also remember making adlibs about not remembering anything just to save myself from shame that night. I was drunk and I kissed him. Of course, I'd be ashamed of what I did to him.

“Don't let that boy or anyone kiss you again after this.” He seriously muttered. “I'm serious, Miss. I'm going to court you. And it's not going to be good if I have competition.”

“No kisses after you. No suitors but you.” I mumbled underneath my breath as if it's a mantra I'm going to follow.

After Hyunjin drove me to the dorm, I instantly received a text message from him. It's just him saying that he has a band practice later with his mates. He even assured me that he will bring me with him next time if we ever have the time for it.

The time I went to my room, I remember Jiya and what she told me about Kelsey if ever she seess me with Hyunjin. I already imagined what will happen. But I don't see the point of Kelsey being entitled to Hyunjin when they're not even dating anymore.

Jiya hasn't arrived yet. But I have an idea where she might be. So instead of thinking about them, I just opened my phone to check on the page again.

Surprisingly, the post that contained the photo was deleted. I don't know the exact reason why or who deleted it but it gives me a sigh of relief. Somehow, my doubts and worries lessened because of it.

Then, a message appeared on my phone again.

Hyunjin
I'm at band practice.
See you tomorrow.

Me
Have fun : )

I think I deserve another chance in love again. Right now, I want to seize it. I want to taste the happiness that love brings because I deserve it.

And I'm here for it.