Chapter 5 : Attention

Chapter 5
Attention

My mood hasn't been on the good side ever since I encountered that jerk last night. The smoothie that my roommate made this morning also didn't help. Now I'm here staring at the presentation in front of me while my professor blabbers things and stuffs I don't understand. I'm spacing out again because of that stupid guy.

My train of thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the sound of the door loudly creaking open. I look over its direction and can't believe my eyes when I see the tattoed guy.

"Look who decided to finally show up for class." My professor's sarcastic remark made the class laugh a bit. However, Hyunjin seems unfazed about it.

He really does not give a fuck, does he?

Our eyes met but it didn't last for long because I looked at my notes instea-even if I don't really have one. Because of my spacing out I didn't have much time writing notes because I wasn't listening.

My table suddenly shook a bit and the chair beside me made a sound. Hyunjin decided to occupy the seat beside me. In this class, every table has two seats since the professor said in the orientation last meeting that we're going to do some activities by partners. The thought of Hyunjin being my partner in my academics horrifies me. I don't like this guy. I never will!

"What's up, Miss?" Hyunjin showed a proud smirk as if he knows I'm irritated with his presence.

I ignored him by not acknowledging his presence. I heard him let out a small chuckle before flipping the pages of his notebook.

"Do you have any pen?" He again attempted to catch my attention. "Ah, I'm such a fool. A student who doesn't have any pen with him, yeah."

I mentally roll my eyes. What is this guy's problem?!

"So pretty."

"What?" I snapped.

"Finally, you gave me attention!" He teased with his stupid smirk. "Don't tell me you're still mad at me, sweetheart? About the keychain?"

"Don't even mention it, Hyunjin."

"Ah, yes. You do know my name. I'm flattered, Miss."

"Stop calling me Miss. I am not your Miss. So stop!" I angrily whispered, not caring at all if the professor see us bickering with each other.

"Why are you so angry again?"

"You're seriously ruining my life." I almost yell. He was about to speak again when the professor suddenly called both of our names.

"Get out!" The professor instructed, after discussing to the whole class how me and Hyunjin are a bad example of a couple that chit-chat instead of listening.

What the hell? We're not even a couple! Not gonna happen.

It frustrated me even more! While Hyunjin is here laughing at my face while we're both standing outside the room. Now I get to miss an hour of that class. What could be any worse that this? Tell me!

"Come on, don't take it to the heart. It's not the end of the world."

"Don't come near me. I hate your guts."

"I know. It's obvious. I'm the school officials' greatest headache ever since I got here. Some girls even call me the greatest fuckboy of all time. But hey, they're the ones I didn't agree to fuck with so they're making up stories to get back at me." He smirked, proudly narrating the nastiest things I've ever heard my entire life!

I almost put both of my palms on my ears just to not hear the words he's saying. I can't believe he's telling me all that in a casual tone. "And you're proud of that?!"

"Sometimes. It has perks." He shrugged his shoulders.

"You know what? Tattooed guy? I don't want to see you ever again." I came face-to-face with him.

"I will see you again every day. I have my ways." He teased to purposely annoy me.

"Well, I have my ways to not see you again too!" I half-yelled before walking away from him and disappearing in the sea of crowded hallways.

I went back to my dorm and the first thing I did was to throw my things on my bed and take my shoes off before throwing it against the wall. My roommate Jiya who have just woken up tossed herself to face me.

"What's the problem?"

"That tattooed jerk with an undercut hair is so freaking annoying!" I punched my pillows with every word I spoke.

"Huh, Hyunjin is it?" Jiya says.

I looked at her and asked, "You know that guy?"

"Yeah, a rockstar and a fuckb-"

"I don't wanna hear it!"

Jiya sighed loudly and a few seconds of silence followed. My face stayed buried on my pillow. I don't know what to do. I only have one class in my schedule for this day but Hyunjin busted it! It's my first time-in my whole successful academic life- that a teacher instructs me to go outside the room because I was caught chit-chatting with my classmate instead of listening.

I feel like a bad student now. Will it affect my grade point? That professor was expecting so much from me!

"Hey." Jiya suddenly went near me. "Get up." She tried picking me up. I groaned in response.

"Let's party tonight."

"What?"

"Party. Tonight. At my friend's place. I promise it's going to be fun." She rolled her eyes.

"No, thank you. I'd rather study." I looked over my desk that's full of post-it notes and thick books rested on a mini shelf.

"If you study then you're going to remember that tattooed guy. You know me as someone who hates studying because I'd rather party. But in your case? I'm sure you won't be able to focus. Hyunjin's a jerk. He always finds his way to play with someone else's mind and you're no exception of it." She stated.

"How'd you know he's the reason why I can't stay in focus?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Duh, he's got a reputation. And you!" She pointed at me. "You're easy. And frankly? You're easy to read and easy to play with." She scoffed and crossed her arms.

"Well yeah about Hyunjin, you got a point, but about me being eas-"

"Are you saying you've never been to a party before? Huh? Church girl?"

"I'm not a church girl!"

Jiya gave me a suspicious look. Something in me snapped. I don't want them thinking I'm some kind of a holy. Wait. Since when did I start caring about what other people say?!

"Fine! I'll go with you!"