Chapter 14: Miss, Please?

Chapter 14
Miss, Please?

“He's such an idiot. I told you to never get back with him in the first place!”

“You two are toxic!”

I found myself in an awkward situation. Few moments ago I was peacefully eating my lunch alone in a table but Jiya and her friends found me and suddenly decided to sit here with me.

Now I'm left with no choice but to hear their conversation about Kelsey and Hyunjin's break up.

“You haven't been replying to my texts since last week, (Y/N). I'm starting to worry about you.” Enzo poked my arm.

I gulped and stare down at my food. It's true that I haven't been replying to any messages from him. It's been a week since the night I kissed Hyunjin and it's still going on inside my head.

Though, I haven't receive any texts from Hyunjin every since that happened. It formed ridiculous wonders and questions in my mind.

What if he realized what happened was ridiculous? What if he thought I'm a lousy kisser? What if he thought I'm that desperate for him? Oh god. I'm going crazy thinking of it every night!

“(Y/N)?”

“Oh! I was just busy studying.” I excused when Enzo caught me zoning out again for the nth time.

“That’s a relief. I was worrying that you haven't been well lately. You used to text me back right after I send you a message.” Enzo's tone appeared like he feels neglected just because I didn't reply at his texts.

“Sorry. I'm just really focusing on the finals.” I just answered.

“Don't pressure yourself. You're intelligent. And I think that is what makes you really pretty.” Enzo chuckled then he spread his arm behind me.

I was confused not at what he said but more in his sudden action.

Enzo smiled genuinely and an angelic demeanor appeared on his face. “It’s true. I'm sure you'll do well.”

“Thanks.”

I observed the people in the table. Kelsey is almost crying and couldn't peacefully eat her lunch because they kept on talking about the issue. Enzo has something to say also from time to time. He haven't yet said anything harsh instead he just comforted his friend with his kind words.

This whole issue led me thinking about how is Hyunjin as a partner? Almost everyone is throwing shade against him but none of them really knows the truth. There are many versions and it's so hard to believe any of it. If there's people who knows what exactly went wrong, it's just Kelsey and Hyunjin.

Thinking about it makes me feel jealous. This is bad. If there's one thing to do with these feelings, that is to stop it before it goes out of control.

Because I know myself—once I give in to my feelings, I will love intensely and passionately. I am not someone who will waste my time to play around with people and their feelings. I don't want that. I only want what I give, and that is real love.

My phone vibrated signalling that it received a text message. I already have an idea of who it might be so I quickly took my phone and opened it before anyone could notice.

Hyunjin
Where are you? Let's talk.

I almost drop my phone in panic. I attempted to type my reply when Enzo turn to look at me.

“Right (Y/N)? You're one of the valedictorian candidates for this year, right?” He asked with a genuine interest.

“Yeah, that's right.” I nodded my head. They all gasped and showed pure interest about it.