5. Brothel

"Sansa... you wear your hair like a proper southern lady. Your mother would love that. She used to wear her hair the same." Tate offered. "I know. I know. Im so sorry-" he wanted to distract his niece from what happened but sansa was blubbering out.

"Joffrey showed me his head." Sansa whimpered out. "On the wall. Next to septa was fathers head. Traitor heads. Joffrey said mine and yours and robbs will be up there next!" She sobbed out clinging to her uncle.

"I wont let him hurt you Sansa. Inwill get you out of here. I promise." Tate assured. He demanded his words to be true.

Tate brought sansa back to her room and quickly disposed of his own guard before tracking down the queen.

Cersei was having afternoon tea with the ladies of court. She was bored by them but she put on a show. She was still the queen after all. But Tatum Tully came barging in like a bull. His handsome chiseled jaw tense as he set his sights on cersei. She looked like his prey.

"I would punch your sons teeth out if I didnt think it would end up hurting sansa in the end." Tate seethed.

"Excuse us." Cersei excused her flock looking to Tate but they didnt leave very far all wanting the gossip. "You will hold your tongue. Joffrey is the king."

"Joffrey is a temperamental shit head." Tate corrected. "He is a child that thinks the world belongs to him-"

"He is the king."

"Well we both know he shouldnt be." Tate hissed before marching off. Cersei gaped back at him. Never had she ever been so disrespected before and let that man walk away unscathed.

After a moment to compose herself she looked to her guards. Her voice was calm and commanding her tone demanded answers.

"Where is Tatums guard?"

⚔️

"15 going on five." Tate decided

"You must hold your tongue uncle." Sansa begged.

"He doesnt need a party. He needs a cremation." Tate hissed flopping down on the sofa in sansas chambers.

"Uncle Tate!" Sansa shrieked. Horrified.

"Yeah yeah," tate grumbled "you gonna stay here? Hide from joffrey?" Sansa gave him a pointed look. "I said what I said." Tate sassed. "You staying here or want to walk around?" Tate questioned. Sansa looked down to her hands in her lap. "Staying?" Sansa nodded. "Then I will skiddaddle." Tate offered kissing the top of her head. "Ready myself for what is going to be a very long name day celebration."

Tate strut along a spring in his step. Guards hating guarding him. Unlike sansa that did as she was told tate needed a bit more adventure in his day.

He ditched his guards easily enough and headed to the lower town. He knew that if he convinced sansa to run he could get her out but she still thought deep down that maybe joffrey would change.

"Damnit." Tate muttered as he paid for a large piece of cake. "I thought I ditched him?"

"You did." Sandor answered. "But I figured you would want some food or some cunt. Offered up my services to find you."

"How noble." Tate murmured through a large bite of cake.

"Not really, rather chase you around than have the king barking at me." Sandor corrected.

"You are a good man." Tate decided. Sandor scoffed. "Better than most here." He added.

"You dont know me." Sandor corrected.

"Come on. Let me treat you to a girl at baelish brothel." Tate suggested. "I need to speak to Petyr."

"I wont say no to that." Sandor agreed. Tate led the way smirking back at sandor. "What?"

"You like me." Tate decided.

"Like you more if you ever shut up." Sandor corrected.

"We are meant to be best friends. You never talk-"

"And you never shut up," sandor agreed.

"Friendship made in heaven." Tate declared.  "Here we are." He tossed a coin in the air and then another. Sandor examined it.

"Where did you get lannister gold?" Sandor questioned. Tate smirked heading up the stairs calling out for petyr.

"Tate? What are you doing here?" Petyr questioned.

"Its a brothel. Show me the women!" Tate demanded.

"Umm. Alrught well-"

"Im kidding. I needed to speak to you."

"It will cost you extra." Petyr teased.  Tate tossed a coin in the air. "Where did you-" Petyr whispered examining the coin. "Never mind I dont want to know."

"Probably for the best." Tate agreed.

"Come on in. Take a seat." petyr led him to the lounge area and cleared out the room. The women scattered. "Whats going on?"

"What would you say if I asked you... about... a plan perhaps."

"A plan?"

"An escape plan." Tate answered.

"Escape plan."

"You are sneaky petyr. Help a brother out. For sansas sake. For catelyns sake."

"Anything in particular?"

"I need to convince Sansa that joffrey is awful and I need your intel on Aryas whereabouts."

"Ahh Arya. She... isnt in the capital. That much I know." Petyr answered. 

"Where?"

"Headed north from the looks of it. But i dont know much else," petyr answered.

"Does cersei know this?"

"The queen does not."

"Lets keep any useful information about my family between us." Tate suggested.

"Of course. We are basically family."