Chapter 9: The Cousins

Tink and Peter met in the small clearing next to Hangman's Tree, basking in the sunlight that filtered through the canopy. Having recently arrived in Neverland with the Twins, Peter wasted no time engaging Tink about their plans.

"We've got enough for these two, for sure. They're cousins," Tink asserted, her voice full of confidence. "We should be able to bring them both at once. Then maybe one more, but that's it."

Peter contemplated the situation. "Then we'll make our move soon?" he asked, the urgency in his voice evident.

Tink looked at Peter with a serious expression. "Well, with my dust running so low we have a couple options," she began.

Peter shifted impatiently, eager to rejoin the Lost Boys inside the treehouse welcoming their new brothers. "And those are?" he urged her on.

"Our strength will grow with these cousins, making us even stronger," Tink replied. She paused momentarily, carefully weighing her words. "But without more dust, my firepower will be useless. I need to sneak into the fairy kingdom and steal some essence."

Peter's eagerness swiftly turned into concern. He intensely objected, his undivided attention now focused on the fairy. "No way, Tink! If you're caught, we're done for. What's our second option?"

Tink hesitated briefly before proceeding. "Our second option is another boy I just discovered, but it's risky, Peter."

Leaning in with intrigue, Peter urged her to elaborate. "Risky how?"

"He's remarkably strong—almost matching your IUL," Tink disclosed.

Peter's excitement returned, buoying his voice. "That sounds incredible! With someone like me, the Queen Lady and her council won't stand a chance!"

However, Tink's countenance remained grave. "It's too risky, Peter. Making him forget will prove immensely challenging. Even if we succeed, there are no guarantees the memories won't resurface."

Confusion clouded Peter's face. "What do you mean? Neverland makes you forget." He recited assertively.

Tink shook her head, dispelling his misconception. "Not with children like you. Your imagicules help retain memories. While the Never-name might suppress and trance him, Neverland won't be able to hold back his recollections of home forever." she said.

Peter's confusion deepened. "So, what do we do? Not bring him here? Fight the fairies without using this boy?" He emphasized with condescending snark.

Tink sighed, the weight of their dilemma heavy on her voice. "I don't know, Peter. I don't have all the answers. Right now, I know we need more dust. So, I think I should try to steal some essence."

Apprehension etched Peter's face as Tink laid out her plan. "I don't like the sound of this, Tink," he remarked as she finished, shaking his head.

Tink countered, "There's no alternative, Peter. I'll sneak into the Kingdom, while you go get these cousins, Walter and Raymond. Simple."

Peter grinned playfully at her, teasing, "You mean Thump and Cheddar." Tink rolled her eyes, unable to suppress a light-hearted giggle.

"You're such an idiot," she affectionately chided. "Call them whatever you want. Just make sure you save a little dust for the other boy, the special one, just in case.

. . .

Raymond Cuzner Jr. and Walter Hold lay in the bunk bed, their voices laced with excitement as they chatted and prepared for sleep. Walter's room exuded a modest charm, with drawings and magazine clippings hanging about, showcasing fantastical beasts and heroic warriors. A large bookshelf stood against the wall, bursting with sci-fi and adventure novels.