Discomfort (Pick/Rome) - Colour of Soulmark

Author's note: Part 6/??

Whatever the reason for Pick's behaviour was, it caused Rome to be his roommate. Excited, he didn't even mind Din's presence in the three-bedded room. 

"You are sleeping in the single bed." Pick snapped at Din, pulling Rome out of his dreamland. He quickly scanned the room. His cheeks turned pink when he spotted the double bed in the middle and one single bed on the opposite side. Did Pick want to sleep with him in one bed, or was he only dreaming? 

"But I want to share a bed with nong Rome," Din argued. 

"You want what?" Pick growled, stepping closer to Din. Rome fidgeted on his feet. The situation was getting out of hand, and he seriously thought about getting Porsche to help him. Rome grabbed Pick's arm, trying to stop him from whatever his brain was telling him to do. 

"P'Pick, P'Din. Stop, please." Rome attempted to break the tension. Neither Pick nor Din saw the discomfort Rome was feeling. Although part of him was happy about the attention coming from his soulmate, the other part was uneasy. 

"I will take the single bed. You two share the double." Rome had enough. He let go of Pick's arm. He ignored the sudden spike of emptiness and went straight for the single bed, claiming it for himself with the luggage. He could feel the two pairs of eyes on his back, but he didn't turn around. Rome opened his baggage and pulled out some comfortable clothes. 

"I am going to change." He announced and quickly disappeared inside the small bathroom. He made sure the door was locked before he moved towards the sink. Looking down at his hand, he let his fingers dance along the soft fabric of his shirt. Nervousness was eating him as his pointy finger hooked the edge of the sleeve, slowly lifting it. Taking a deep breath, Rome turned his wrist. 

His breath hitched, and his heart almost jumped out of his chest. A myriad of emotions swirled inside him when he saw the P on his skin had turned a darker shade of grey. 

Maybe he had a chance after all.