Mollify (Pick/Rome) - Colour of Soulmark

Author's note: Part 8/?? 

Din led him towards the meeting place, his hand glued to his shoulder like a snake. Rome would have shaken the unwelcome weight away from him, but he was too dumbstruck and hurt. Pick had the unhealthy ability to make his life miserable. Giving him hope and then knocking him back to his knees.  

Stopping in front of the building, Rome took a deep breath, promising himself he would not be mollified by Pick's apologise if it ever came. He gently nudged Din in the ribs and stepped inside. Of course, the tall male was at his heels. Rome quickly scanned the room, spotting his best friend and immediately detached himself from Din. He didn't even try to search for Pick. 

"Rome." Emma immediately scooped him into her arms. Rome was glad to have her. She always knew when he was feeling down. 

"Pick is an idiot." He managed to say before Porsche appeared in front of the group with Pick by his side. Rome refused to look at him, focusing solely on his friend's boyfriend. 

"Hi, everyone. Time to introduce you to today's schedule." Porsche started. 

"First, we have a tour around the farm and then lunch. You will have time to rest and digest the food, and later, we start helping out. We will split into groups of five people. There are assigned workers for each group." 

"Let's bring Porsche to our group." Emma turned to Rome with a smile. 

"Yep, but no Pick or Din," Rome added a condition. 

"No problem. I know you need a break from them." Emma agreed easily. Hopefully, Din and Pick won't make a scene and leave him alone.