Worsen (Pick/Rome) - Colour of Soulmark

Author's note: Part 7/??

Rome was shaking in excitement. His soul mark was turning darker. He caressed the letters on his wrist with a goofy smile. The hope in his heart grew again. Rome shook his head, dismissing the intruding thoughts. He shouldn't be overexcited. There's no guarantee Pick wouldn't change his mind again. 

The loud arguing from the other room made him sigh. Taking a deep breath, Rome walked towards the door. His hand lingered over the knob as he braced himself to return. He hoped the situation didn't worsen while he was inside the bathroom. Rome opened the door, peeking through the small gap. 

"Are you done, Rome?" Din smiled at him. Rome only nodded, sneaking out of the bathroom, and walked towards his bed. The arguing stopped, and the two pairs of eyes observed him folding his clothes. Rome felt Pick's piercing gaze on his back, but he didn't turn around. His heart beat like crazy, and he was afraid Pick would realise as soon as he saw his face. 

"Time to go." Pick huffed. Rome sensed his presence behind him. The shiver ran down his spine when his soulmate grabbed his arm and dragged him towards the entrance. Pick made him put on the shoes quickly and dashed with him to the nearby building. Rome barely kept up with Picky, struggling with the tempo the older male established. Rome didn't know if Din was the reason for the evil run, but he had enough. 

"P'Pick, stop, please." He pleaded, but his soulmate pretended not to hear. 

"You are too fast." Rome tried again but to no avail. 

"Hey, Pick, stop. You are hurting Rome!" Din's voice cut through the air and only then did Pick halt. He glanced at him. Rome was breathing heavily, and he was red in the face. His legs hurt, not to mention the arm Pick was holding in the tight grip. 

"Fuck." Pick cursed, releasing his arm. His face grimaced, and Rome wanted to know what his soulmate was thinking. 

"Fuck... Fuck... Fuck..." Pick scanned him from head to toe before he turned around and ran away. Rome watched Pick's retiring back, and his heart ached. He didn't know what just happened, but it hurt. It hurt so much. 

"Are you okay, Rome?" Din's hand landed on his shoulder. The touch was uncomfortable, but Rome didn't have the strength to shake him off. 

"I don't know," Rome whispered as his eyes followed Pick's disappearing figure.