Chapter 10: stalemate

After the autobots defeat at the battle of the frontiers hey set up a new line of defences 2 miles from the frontier.

Hot rod, Bumblebee I want you two man the vickers machine gun prowl ordered, why us Bumblebee ask because the gunner was killed while we were retreating and I trust you two does that answer your question Bumblebee, yes sir Bumblebee saluted prowl.

*ER*

How are the wounded doing red alert prowl ask they would be doing better if they weren't shot at and I have the energon to treat them red alert said a little bit angery, prowl know what red alert was under alot of stress so he let red alert outburst go, then prowl looked over at sideswipe how is sideswipe holding up, well other then seeing his twin brother turn into blue mist surprisey well...maybe to well red alert said, keep him inside for a bit prowl ordered red alert, red alert just nods, sir optimus has arrived one trooper shouted.

It was a massacre optimus I lost over half the regiment prowl said as he sat down on a ammo crate, how did they lead the attack optimus asked, they bombarded us to hell and back and then they overwhelmed us with numbers why do you have a plan of attack prowl asked optimus just smiles.

Gather around autobots we have a plan of attack, we know the decepticons will bombarded are position till there is nothing left so we are going to position ourselves on top of the hill as the decepticons bombarded are position over there, as they do this we will fix bayonets and get ready to change the decepticons, who is manning the vickers gun optimus asked, that will be me and hot rod optimus Bumblebee answered, good I want you two to put the gun on the left flank once the decepticons start charging up the hill you two will open fire, that will give us time to lunch the counter attack and to win this battle.

The autobots are in their positions and Bumblebee and hot rod are on the left flank waiting for the decepticons to attack. As perdited the decepticons bombarded the deserted defences, after that the decepticons started to charge up the hill and were cut down by Bumblebee and hot rod and then a bayonet charge lead by optimus prime charged down the hill, many decepticons surrender and a few autobots stayed behind to keep an eye on the new POW'S but the autobot counter attack was an success they managed to gain 7 miles of territory but were stopped by the decepticons own counter attack. Both sides tried to out flank each other but neither side would gain an advantage other the other so both sides dug fox holes which quickly turned into trenches and sooner then later trench warfare became the norm of the war.