Chapter 13

LUNA'S POV

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein;

Claudia's voice echoed in my mind, quoting Einstein's words during one of her ineffective lectures about embracing mistakes. Standing in front of Heathens Enterprise, memories of the past week played in my head like a lively carnival. The day after the party brought a smile to my lips as I recalled Zola's shocked expression, her eyes dripping embarrassment, as she let out a scream that could've woken the dead. My storytelling, sprinkled with extra sauces and spice, was undeniably mind-wrecking for her.

Encouraged by the supportive girls, especially Claudia, who believed that trying something new was the essence of life, I decided to take a shot at Heathens Enterprise. But the joy was short-lived as Logan, my psycho stalker, continued his twisted game. Threatening messages flooded my phone, warning me to stay away from any man, or he'd unleash harm on my friends.

Despite the unease, I found myself in front of the opulent Heathens Enterprise building, a symbol of power and wealth. A towering structure that oozed elegance and sophistication. Its exterior, a mesmerizing fusion of glass and steel, reached towards the sky with an air of confidence.

Gathering my resolve, my heart raced as I entered the sleek glass doors into a lobby adorned with modern art. A chandelier, sparkling like a constellation of diamonds, hung from the high ceiling, casting a warm glow on the marble floor below.

The impeccably dressed receptionist, wearing black trousers, a matching top, and a chocolate-brown blazer, greeted me warmly. "Welcome to Heathens Enterprise. How may I assist you?"

Hesitant, I replied, "I, uh, have an interview scheduled with Mr. Hubert."

Nodding, she directed me to wait. Glancing around, I noticed other candidates nervously awaiting their turn, the air buzzing with anticipation. My own anxeity intensified, my palms slightly sweaty, as I waited for my chance.

After about twenty minutes, the receptionist informed me that it was time for my interview. Heart pounding, I followed her instructions to the top floor, room number 1. The pristine hallway and the gleaming golden number on the door added to the suspense as I approached, ready to face the unknown.

As I timidly pushed the door open, my heart leaped in my chest, as if threatening to escape its confines. There he sat, behind an imposing mahogany desk, exuding power in every inch of his being. His mouth twitched, and his eyes fixated on me like a predator awaiting the perfect moment to ensnare its prey.

My breath came in ragged gasps, yet I mustered the courage to stammer, "Um, I...I'm sorry, I think I got into the wrong room." The words barely left my lips when his stern, gravelly voice halted me in my tracks.

"You're in the right place, my baby, Lu." The nickname on his lips twisted my stomach with nervousness, a sensation I knew spelled trouble.

"Come here," his authoritative tone boomed in the spacious room, leaving me little choice but to comply. "Don't think of running away from me. I don't guarantee you manners."