Chapter 3

Freen arrived home. She waved at Richie and knocked on the car window to let Becky know she was heading home.

Becky slowly rolled down the window, looking at her with a poker face. She scrutinized the house and slowly nodded.

"You're also rich?" Becky asked as she looked outside the house.

"No. This is my aunt's house. I'm only staying with her since she doesn't have a husband," Freen answered truthfully, although she didn't have to explain. Becky nodded and gestured for Freen to enter first before they go.

Upon entering the house, Freen saw her aunt pacing back and forth while calling someone on the phone. When their eyes locked, her aunt heaved a sigh and pulled her into a hug.

"I thought something happened to you. You didn't text or call. I didn't know where you are," she said.

"But I told you, I'm going to Richie's party," Freen explained, furrowing her brows. "Did you forget again?"

This has been going on for almost three months now. It started on her graduation. Her aunt forgot that it was her graduation, the reason why Richie's mother attended for her. The next one was her birthday. Her aunt never forgot her birthday ever since she was a kid, but this year, she did.

Freen started to worry about her aunt's well-being. However, she couldn't tell her to go to the doctor since she didn't believe in their capabilities. Her aunt's husband died in the hospital, and it became very traumatic for her. She couldn't blame her, though.

"Aunt, you're forgetting things often. Aren't you worried?" Freen asked as she helped her aunt to sit down on the stool. She took a glass of water and gave it to her.

"I'm fine, Freen. How's your college examination anyway? Are your medical exams okay now?" she asked.

Freen averted her gaze. Even though her aunt was sick, it was still her whom she was worried about. She wasn't a minor anymore, and she could stand by herself, but her aunt still treated her like a baby.

"It's all fine. I just need to take a drug test. There were rumors that some upcoming first years were taking drugs, so the President told us to undergo one," she answered.

"Okay, do you need money? I still have—" Freen stopped her aunt from getting money inside her wallet.

"I'm fine, aunt. I promise. I will tell you if something is bothering me." Freen smiled at her, and she felt relief. "I'll go to my room to shower first. And then I'll cook something for you." She smiled at her and went upstairs to her room.

Freen removed all her clothes and looked at the mirror in her bathroom. The memories of last night flashed back again. Becky's kisses on her lips, down to her neck, and...

Freen traced the mark that Becky left above her chest. She didn't know that she was too drunk to let that happen. Deep inside, she knew that she was a straight person. Not a lesbian. Ever since she was a kid, she was a playful just like her best friend Richie, but not until Gulf came. Freen never took her relationships seriously, but Gulf was different. When she met him, she realized that this was the man she wanted to spend her life with.

"Did I just have sex with a minor?" Freen asked herself in disappointment and massaged her temple. "I just cheated on my boyfriend."

Freen wanted to throw a tantrum because of her wrong decisions last night, but she couldn't take it back anymore. Becky and her did that, and she just made a mistake.

As the water droplets fell on her skin, she couldn't help but regret even more. She couldn't wash away her touch. It was so gentle, and for some reason, she wanted more.

"The fudge hot chocolate!" Freen punched the wall and grimaced at the pain. "Fudge. It hurts." She blew on her fist and decided to just sit down in her bathtub.

After a few minutes, she finally finished and decided to call her boyfriend. Her phone battery died last night, so she couldn't call or text him. Also, Gulf wasn't at the party because he and Richie weren't close. Actually, Gulf wanted Freen to stay away from him because he was jealous. However, Freen couldn't do it. Richie was her best friend since childhood, so she didn't really have a choice. He was like a brother to him, and she couldn't believe she fucked her brother's real sister.

"Hello?" Gulf answered from the other line. "What took you so long to call me?"

"Let's end this," she said. She couldn't stand this. Although she really loved him, she just cheated on him.

"Why?" Gulf asked confused. "Did I do something wrong?"

"Look, Gulf. I love you, okay? But it's better this way. I know you love me. I love you. I don't know how to break up with someone. Can't you just agree?!" Freen asked frustrated. "Darn." She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed.

"Let's talk in person. Where are you?" he asked.

"I don't want to," Freen answered. It's not that she didn't want to go out. She was afraid that if she saw Gulf's face again, she wouldn't break up with him.

"Please, Freen. Spare me a clear explanation." Gulf's voice softened. He never did this before. He was too proud of himself and even teased Freen that he wouldn't beg if she wanted to break up with him, but now there he was, pleading Freen.

"One last time, Gulf." Freen swallowed the lump in her throat. "Then we're done."

"Meet me behind the mall," Gulf said.