21: Interrupted.

The two, who definitely could call each other best friends at this point, somehow ignored the tense interaction from the kitchen and watched new episodes of a show they found together and enjoyed a lot

The two, who definitely could call each other best friends at this point, somehow ignored the tense interaction from the kitchen and watched new episodes of a show they found together and enjoyed a lot. With that, they eventually finished the whole bottle of Jeno's favorite - and now Youra's too - wine, getting buzzed as a result.

Suddenly, a loud sigh escaped the girl's lips, catching Jeno's attention. He furrowed his brows and his eyes widened immediately as soon as he saw hers filled with tears. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Youra pouted, trying to hold back the tears which only became harder to do once she felt Jeno's arm wrap around her.

"What's wrong?" Jeno asked again, chuckling softly at her cute face expression as well as trying to make her feel better with a positive attitude of his.

"I just understand how she feels." she blurred, meaning one of the female characters in the show.

Jeno knew right away who and what she was talking about, and as much as he sadly felt the character's pain too, he couldn't and didn't want for Youra to get even sadder. He brushed her hair as she fanned herself in order not to cry - which she luckily succeeded at.

"Sorry, I just- I don't know." she chuckled, shaking her head.

"Are you getting your period already?" he joked, earning a smack on his arm. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding." he added, placing a strand of Youra's hair behind her ear. "You don't have to be embarrassed about your feelings. Especially about that. It happened to both of us and you can talk to me about it whenever you want to."

Youra met his gentle eyes, making her feel better immediately. After clearing her throat, she asked what she's been curious about for so long. "Do you also have nightmares of the accident?"

Jeno took a deep breath, only nodding with a small smile painted on his face.

"What do you do then? Aren't you scared?"

"I was, at first." he added, finally moving his hands away from the girl, which she found disappointing. "I learnt to ignore it, because they have to end eventually, right?"

Youra sighed, nodding. "I guess so. It's been so long already, though."

Jeno suddenly chuckled, shaking his head, which made the girl question his action. Then, he cleared his throat and added "there's one more thing I do in order to make them less scary."

"What is it?" the girl asked expectantly, staring at the boy with wider eyes.

He let out a chuckle again, staring down at his hands on his legs. Then, he finally mumbled "I think of you."

Youra's heart raced and her cheeks covered in blush as soon as his words sunk in. When he turned to glance at her, his gaze was unrecognizable and almost intimidating.

"It makes me realize that I wasn't alone, and I'm still not alone in this. And it helps." he added, glancing at her again. "We're in this together, you know?"