28: Only You.

Being back in uni wasn't as stressful for Youra as much as she feared it would've been, and all of that was thanks to Jeno

Being back in uni wasn't as stressful for Youra as much as she feared it would've been, and all of that was thanks to Jeno. Whenever she had him next to her, she felt safe. Not that she necessarily needed a bodyguard, but after the recent incident with Siwon and her minions, it felt good to have someone protecting her.

As soon as Youra and Renjun stepped inside the building alongside the most popular guy in school, everyone's heads turned to them. Jeno holding his girlfriend's hand made people gasp as they started whispering to one another right away. It was definitely a new experience for both Youra and Renjun, but it wasn't so bad. It seemed like now the three of them were the new Wolf Pack of the campus - just a better one.

The first time Youra saw Siwon in a cafeteria during lunch break, she gulped, a little nervous of what could happen, but as soon as the girl turned her gaze elsewhere, Youra felt a wave of relief. It seemed that her boyfriend's ex friend had finally given up, on both Jeno and her. As for Youngseo, he also didn't meddle in Jeno's life anymore and the only form of communication the two shared was a simple "hi" whenever they'd see each other on campus.

As days went by and the bond between three new musketeers strengthened, they spent as much time together as possible. That day wasn't any different while they spent another lunch break by each other's side. Youra couldn't take her eyes off Jeno who kept laughing so often nowadays that she swore he even started to glow. She gently grabbed his hand in hers while he talked with Renjun, making him glance into her eyes for a split second. With a sweet smile, he quickly pecked her lips and intertwined their fingers, continuing his conversation with the new friend he grew so close with too.

"Are you nervous?" Renjun glanced between the new couple, frowning as he felt anxious himself for the two.

Youra took a deep breath, chuckling nervously. "Actually, I'm terrified. I know his parents don't like me."

Jeno squeezed her hand tighter, reassuring her that everything was going to be just fine. He really hoped the good side of his parents which he used to know was still somewhere hidden inside them. What he felt more anxious about was telling Youra about the crazy idea his parents came up with - the arranged marriage with Siwon. So, when they were finally done with classes and on their way to the bus, Jeno paused in his tracks. "Babe, I need to tell you something."

Youra stared at him with her big, doe and clueless eyes while a sigh escaped the boy's lips. "There's something I didn't tell you yet. I know I should've done it days ago, but, I couldn't get myself to do it."

"You're suddenly scaring me." she blurted out, now genuinely concerned.

"I came up with the idea for dinner with my parents because I want to show them I'm serious about my feelings for you. That I love you and there's no one else I want to be with."

The girl chuckled, suddenly smiling sweetly. "That's what we talked about, why were you trying to scare me?"

"Because I left out a big part." he gulped, making Youra's face drop once again. "Before I went to get you back, before I even knew what happened and why you ran away, my parents prepared a dinner for me, Siwon, Youngseo and their parents. I thought they were just trying to get us to talk again, but it was way worse than that. They said they want me to marry Siwon."

Youra's face dropped even more as her mouth fell slightly agape. Upon seeing her devastated reaction, Jeno grabbed both her hands tightly. "But it's not going to happen. I told them I'd never do that and I left. The subject didn't continue later on, but, my dad took my car as some sort of punishment, that's why I took a bus to see you. I just need you to know that I really don't care about cars, luxurious apartments and money as much as they and everyone else think I do. I'll never marry someone I don't love and I definitely don't love Siwon. There's only you in my heart and I need my parents to understand that once and for all."

Youra didn't know what to say, she only stood there frozen, listening to something that sounded like a plot in a drama while Jeno squeezed her hands tightly. Eventually, she smiled, nodding. "I gave up on you once for people who don't deserve you and I'm not going to do it again. There's only you in my heart too."

The boy was slightly taken aback by her positive attitude and quickly cupped her face to then place a sweet kiss onto her lips. There was no doubt in his mind that Youra was the one he's been waiting for all his life and he was going to prove it to the whole world if he had to.

a shorter and fill in chapter for what's coming in the next final 2 chaptersthe book is rly finishing soon u guys it's so bittersweet 😭 do you want me to publish the last two today or wait a bit?

the book is rly finishing soon u guys it's so bittersweet 😭 do you want me to publish the last two today or wait a bit?