Chapter 55: do you want to

« PrevNext »

≡ Table of Contents

Settings

The moonlight was lightly caged in the courtyard, and the insects were humming. Qu Fengyun was silent for a while, then looked at Ruan Nian and said, "I'm gasping for me, what are you afraid of?"

"I..." Ruan Nian thought, you are breathing so hard that I want to breathe, can I not be afraid?

"The beds are all made," Aunt Ruan said as she walked out. "You should rest early, and accompany your mother to the temple tomorrow morning to offer incense."

"Scented?" Ruan Nian asked in confusion, "Mother, didn't you just go there a few days ago?"

Aunt Ruan said: "It's not the same, I was praying for your safety a few days ago."

Ruan Nian: "Then what are you going to ask for tomorrow?"

"Begging for a son," Aunt Ruan said while holding Qu Fengyun's hand, "Daughter-in-law, I heard that this temple is very effective. Tomorrow/you also go to worship, and let mother carry the big fat grandson as soon as possible."

Qu Fengyun: "..."

Aunt Ruan left contentedly, leaving Ruan Nian and Qu Fengyun to look at each other.

Qu Fengyun: "I can't give birth even if I worship."

Ruan Nian pulled his sleeve and said, "My mother is old and a little confused, so you should coax her, okay?"

Qu Fengyun: "Then why don't you go?"

Ruan Nian nodded.

Qu Fengyun said again, "Aren't you afraid that I'll be out of breath?"

Ruan Nian covered his ears and said, "You are panting, I won't listen."

Qu Fengyun: "..."

Ruan Nian didn't like to sleep on the same bed with others, but Qu Fengyun's arm was injured, and he couldn't make people sleep on the floor. He thought about it, put the two pillows in the middle, and took out a quilt from the cabinet.

"I sleep here, you sleep over there, okay?" Ruan Nian said.

Before Qu Fengyun spoke, he wrapped himself in the quilt and lay inside, only showing half of his face and blinking his eyes.

Qu Fengyun: "..." Did I agree?

Ruan Nian watched Qu Fengyun lay down too, pulled the quilt away a bit, and looked at the two pillows in the middle with a tangled expression. He has to hold the pillow every night to sleep, but now he can't hold it, and he doesn't know how to put his hands. After thinking for a while, he reached out from under the quilt and took a pillow into his arms.

Qu Fengyun turned to look at him, and he said a little embarrassedly, "I'm used to it, I can't sleep without holding it."

Qu Fengyun looked at the other pillow and said, "I can't sleep without a pillow."

Ruan Nian silently pushed the pillow over.

"I don't sleep well," Ruan Nian whispered. "If you wake up in the middle of the night, don't be angry."

Qu Fengyun tucked the cloth pillow under his head and made a sound of "um".

The night is hazy and quiet. Qu Fengyun stared at the moonlight leaking from the window edge for a long time before closing his eyes sleepily. Ruan Nian hummed twice in his sleep, the quilt was kicked, and he felt cold again, so he kept rubbing against Qu Fengyun's quilt, rubbing against it, no more pillows, and hugged the hot Qu Feng. cloud.