013 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞

𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐒𝐓 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐘 Nail's passing words of him telling her "not to get cute", which was just his way of telling Y/n not to try anything while he's gone since they were going to sort this out later, he left the bedroom and made sure to close the door behind him. At first, Y/n didn't do a thing, trying to calm her breathing down, so she could listen to the distancing footsteps of her captor walk down the hall and make a stop at the front door. Soon, Rusty opened the front door.

"Good evening, sir." An unfamiliar voice firmly greeted.

"Hey there. Can I help ya?" Rusty asked. He didn't sound as frustrated as he was when he was talking down to Y/n, almost as if every fiber of anger that was once in him had miraculously dissipated within an instant. He actually sounded... sweet and kind, but he sounded more cautious than anything. Y/n pulled on her restraints in the quiet parts of their talk, hoping that the ropes would budge, but alas, they didn't even loosen.

"We got a few calls for noise complaint comin' from this here house." The person at the door informed. Y/n's eyes widened when she realized that it was a police officer. Thank God! She moves anxiously on the mattress, moving around, trying to peel off the piece of duct tape from her mouth as she works diligently on untying herself.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry about that I was just watchin' a movie. I reckon I didn't even notice just how loud I was bein'," Rusty lied through his teeth. "I can turn it down a smidge if that helps."

"You mind if I come inside and check things out? It won't take long."

Rusty Nail paused. He couldn't let him inside, but he couldn't just say that, could he? It will only amplify the cop's suspicions and if he were to bring back up, then he might as well start digging his grave now. "Not at all." He stepped aside and let the young cop, by his guess: the police officer just graduated from being a rookie, in.

Seconds blended into painstakingly slow minutes as the pair passed by the room Y/n was in not once, not twice, but several times. All the while they walked around aimlessly throughout the house, they talked about a slew of topics, but they only were brought up either because the cop wanted to secretly interrogate Rusty more or it was Rusty Nail trying to distract him from entering Y/n's room.

"Excuse me, but I gotta go check somethin'." Her captor suddenly excused himself and in the next moment, the door leading to the room she was in swung open, and there Rusty stood: discontented and bitter. He didn't waste any time closing the door behind them and approached the bed. "Don't you say a fuckin' word unless you want to get gutted like a fish." He harshly whispered and only after threatening his beloved did he carefully peel off the duct tape on her mouth. He discarded it quickly before he started working on the woman's restraints. "You understand me?" Rusty asked.

There was a lump forming in her throat but despite that, she managed to reply, saying a meek, "Yes..." The skin around her mouth felt sore and raw. She pursed her tingling lips and felt a weight being lifted off of her shoulders once Rusty Nail was done getting rid of her restraints. He then hurried off to the bathroom and threw them to hide under the sink, not wanting them out in the open for the police to find.

"Let's get a move on." Once he returned to the main part of the room, Rusty helped her off the bed and walked side by side as they approached the bedroom door. "Oh," Rusty stops just a foot away from the door to take off his hat and place it on Y/n's, though it was a bit big on her. "And don't let him see your face. As soon as we get outta here, I need you to go to the kitchen and make yourself look busy."

As the two exited from the bedroom, Y/n separated from Rusty Nail and made a beeline to the kitchen like what was asked of her whilst he made his way back to the cop— who was now looking around the living room for anything out of the ordinary— with a grin. "Sorry about that. Just wanted to tell the wife that we had company."