Chapter 11: And so it begins

I'm so excited for the next few chapters. I'm bringing in new people, we learn more about Clayton and I'm just thrilled. So yeah, thanks for reading! <(^3^)> 

^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Clayton P.O.V.

I hadn't been to practice all week. I mean skipping a few practices here & there I could get away with but a straight week since getting tackled by Kade. Questions were going to get asked and I'm not ready to answer or explain. I get to the field early before the big game. My insides were in knots and I couldn't concentrate. Coach pulled me aside to take to me though.

"You need to do well with this game" he chides. I nod my head in response.

"Good now we need you to start warming up. We don't need you cramping up because you thought you could do a good game without stretching" Coach laughs. I send a grin back at him. Turning my attention to the field, I start jogging. When I started feeling slight burn I stopped and went down to do a few leg exercises. Players started to file into the stadium and I was sporting a nice sheen of sweat.

"I missed you" a voice whispers, a deep voice whispers. I whip around alarmed. Daren holding his stomach laughing his ass off. "My god, dude you whipped around so fast...how do you not have whiplash" he laughs. I push him to the side grumbling. He comes up to me and pats my back solemnly.

"Now, you just need to calm your heart rate and you'll be ready for the game" Daren remarks cheekily. I snort and an aghast expression spreads across Daren's face. His palm is spread across his chest and he presses it against himself.

"How uncouth" he jokes. I grin back at him.

"Ok, where is this coming from?" I ask raising my eyebrow. He turns to me and a slight smile plays on his lips.

"Ok, so there's a girl involved. Now my interest is peaked" I smirk. He glares at me and then clears his throat.

"So you know, Ruri" Daren starts. An even bigger smirk inflates onto my face.

"I know who Ruri is Daren, she's Raven's friend" I add. He sends me another glare but continues on with his explanation.

"We were talking in the hallway, and apparently she watches Downtown Abbey" he continues waiting it to register in my brain. It took me a few seconds but a lightbulb flashes.

"That show you're obsessed with" I say a grin sliding onto my face.

"Yes that show" he groans. Daren was obsessed with that time period. It all stemmed from his mom reading him Charlotte and Emily Bronte and Jane Austen books since he was born basically. Though his taste had spun off from those traditional books going into series like the Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. He was still certifiably obsessed with anything that happened in the Victorian Era. All-in-all he was a victorian junkie and meeting a fellow junkie meant a lot to him.

"So did you bond over it, I bet you did" I continue grinning. Daren was particularly on the tan side of the skin spectrum. Making it so that his blush didn't turn him into a tomato but was still very apparent. He ran his hand through his dark locks. His hair was actually decently long enough to fit in a man bun. Though it was wavy and a tad shaggy at the same time. It was just how Daren worked, he was low-maintenance but put-together. And now I'm talking like Ruri. See, she has that kind of affect on people.

"Yes, sort of, kind of. I don't really know" he rambles looking off into the distance. He runs his hand through his hair once again but he doesn't mess it up like when I do the same thing. He's about to do it once more before I grab his wrist.