Nash

Have you ever woken up and had a feeling that something big was going to happen that day? Well, I did. I don't got a clue what it can be but I know not to ever ignore a gut feeling.

I grew up here in the tiny town of GaleTown, Texas, with my four younger brothers. Our momma and daddy raised us boys just like all the other men that grew up here were raised. To be hardworking, respectful to our elders, and that when we find our destined soulmate to hold on to her and never let her go. The older generation of men here all say the same thing, when you first find your soulmate it's like an explosion goes off and you just know that this person, this magnificent creature before you, is destined to be yours, and without them you will never be whole.

My daddy found my momma stranded on the side of the road with a blown tire in the pouring rain. When he stopped to offer help and his eyes locked onto hers, he lost all form of normal brain function. He went full blown caveman and picked her up, tossed her over his shoulder, and drove off with her to his house. Of course, that's kidnapping and fucking psychotic, so my momma knocked him on his ass as soon as she got the chance and ran like hell.

She didn't make it far though before my daddy caught her and wrangled her back to the house. They didn't share the details of what happened after that to convince my momma that he wasn't a psychopath trying to kill her and wear her as a skin suit, but I know my daddy somehow convinced her to fall in love with him and they were happily married until seven years ago when momma passed from cancer and daddy died a week later from a broken heart.

My momma always told us boys that being stranded on the road that night and our daddy finding her was the best thing that ever happened to her. Every single man and woman in this town that's found their person have similar stories and not a single one of them is unhappy.

I'm thirty years old and neither me nor my brothers have found our woman. We have hope it will happen one day, hopefully soon, but until then we live our lives and prepare our homes for when we do find them. I own a livestock cattle ranch that keeps me pretty damn busy. Technically, me and my brothers own it since it's been in our family for generations, but my brothers all wanted to pursue other avenues in life other than ranching. Someone had to keep the ranch up and cared for, so I took on the responsibility as the oldest.

I live in the main house, the one we all grew up in, while my brothers built their own homes throughout the land we have. We're all as close as brothers can be, even if we are each different in our own ways, so we don't mind being neighbors.

They each come and go in the main house as they please, and I don't mind a bit. We're family, that's what we do. The main house is a huge single story ranch house built with a wide open concept layout and a large wrap around patio. It's made of logs from past generations of great grandfathers and every generation has updated it and added on to it since. The kitchen is all modern with matte black cabinetry and concrete countertops. Our fixtures are bronzed and our appliances are steel. It has dark wood flooring throughout and high ceilings with exposed beams. The living room takes up the most space since that's where we all generally congregate. There are ten bedrooms and six bathrooms. My bedroom was an addition I added to my childhood room. I didn't feel right sleeping in my parents' room.

My bedroom is now the true master suite, with the primary focus of the addition being the complete spa like bathroom. I had it built for whenever I found my woman. It's got heated black marble flooring, a large vanity with his and hers sinks, a large jacuzzi tub and a large walk-in shower custom built with a stone bed inside to relax on. The toilet is located behind a private door with a built-in caddy in the wall for her to store all her feminine products and such.