Alice

The last two days, Nash has been acting differently. He's still constantly touching me and follows me around like a shadow, but his mind is elsewhere. He hasn't tried to have sex with me again, yet he still makes me sleep naked next to him every night. I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt. It feels like there's this distance between us, and I don't know how to close it.

I'm terrified of losing him. Even with this distance between us, he still takes care of me. He washes me in the shower, cooks meals for me, kisses me with passion, and holds me all night as we sleep. There's something weighing heavily on his mind. I need him to confide in me. I want the same trust that I gave him.

He's sitting on the couch, watching some sports team, as I walk over to him and stand in front of him with a scowl on my face. He looks up at me and grins. He freaking grins! I scowl harder.

"What's that adorable look for, baby?" He asks as he wraps his hands around my legs and pulls me to straddle his lap.

"It's not adorable. I'm upset with you." I grumble, even as my body grows weak at his touch. He jolts at my words and cups my face in his palms. The look in his eyes is pure fear.

"What did I do, baby? Tell me and I'll fix it." He begs. Now I feel guilty for scaring him.

"Something is on your mind. You're stressed out and won't talk to me about it. There's this distance between us now, and you won't have sex with me." I ramble out, barely taking a breath. He looks confused for a moment before understanding dawns.

"Fuck. I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to worry you. Believe me, that's not at all what I want." He stresses to me. He runs his thumbs across my cheeks and peppers me with kisses.

"Please, Nash. I trusted you with my dark past. I need you to trust me with whatever is bothering you." I still his hands on my face as I silently beg him to open up.

He contemplates his decision for a long moment. I can see the indecision running through his mind.

"I'm sorry, Alice. I thought I was protecting you by keeping this from you."

"Just tell me. Please."

"Your father filed a missing person's report. He knows you're here, and he's coming." Fear and shock run through me, making every nerve in my body freeze like ice water was just dumped over my head. I try to scramble off his lap, but his hold tightens on me.

"No. You keep your little ass right where it's at and we're talking about this." He orders.

"Why didn't you tell me? He's going to take me, Nash. I can't stay here. He'll kill anyone who gets in his way. Please, Nash. Let me go. I can't be here where he can get to me." I beg, with tears streaming down my cheeks. Anger and rage contorts his face.

"Fuck that, Alice. This is why I didn't want you to know. My brothers and I will handle him. He won't fucking touch you, baby. If you think for one moment that I'll let you leave, then you haven't been paying attention. You. Are. Mine. The moment I looked into your beautiful eyes, my soul knew you were mine. I fucking love you, Alice. Right here is where you belong. This is your home. This is your family now. I'm your man. Nothing, fucking nothing, is taking this away from us." He grinds out as he holds me tightly. I feel his words run through me. To my soul. He means every word. I believe him. I felt the same connection when we met. I thought I was just desperate for affection.

"I'm so scared, Nash. I can't lose you. I don't want anything to happen to you. He's dangerous and he won't stop until he gets what he wants." I tell him as tears cloud my vision and sobs wrack my body.

"Baby, please. I'm just asking for you to trust me. Trust me to protect you. I've got this handled, I promise." I nod my head. I do trust him. I just wish I didn't bring this mess to his doorstep.

"I'm sorry, Nash. I'm sorry for bringing this into your life."

"Alice. Don't say that shit again. I'm not sorry, and you shouldn't be either. I love every part of you, no matter what circumstances brought you to me. I'm obsessed with you, baby. I wouldn't be able to survive without you. You are a part of me now. I'll never let you go."

"Oh, Nash. I don't want to go anywhere. I just don't know what to do. I'll never forgive myself if something happens to you because of me." He stands up and makes me wrap my legs around his waist. I can feel his fear and anger simmering below the surface.

I don't want to leave, I want to stay here forever, and I do trust him. He just doesn't know how brutal and crazed my father is. If he hurts Nash, or even the others, to get to me, I'll never forgive myself. I don't want to live in a world where Nash doesn't exist.