Chapter 1

"Marriage?... who wants marriage." I looked at my friend who had brought up the suggestion over a drink, celebrating the death of a worthless man that was still warm, bleeding at our feet.

"Well.. it was a suggestion. Me and the wife fuck all the time. Something to look forward to when I get home. Plus it's a cherry on the top of life."

"... Not after what happened."

"I knew you were gonna say something like that. Look. That was two years ago. You gotta learn how to-" I looked at him like he'd just crossed a line no one should. "...alright alright." He took a puff of his cigarette. "But you know as well as me that your family will need you to marry. You're twenty-three." 

I took another puff and pushed it into the ashtray.  "I'm aware of my role and you should be as well. What I do, who I fuck, and who I make mine is my business and mine alone."

My friend put his hands up and got out his seat stepping over the now breathless body as he pushed his hands in his pockets.

Looking down at the blood as it slowly spread, staining the floor, I scoffed thinking about her and grabbed a glass tossing back the drink I poured for myself as a way to try and take my mind off of it. But, no matter what I did the rest of the day she was on my mind more than anything.

In bed, I tossed and turned unable to sleep. I had to see her.

Sitting up in bed, I reached over and grabbed an iPad from my nightstand. Putting in the passcode, I opened her security app, looking through her home cameras.

One by one I looked around the house. Her living room had boxes and there were things missing from their normal area. Was she moving? I looked in her kitchen, bathroom, basement, front door and lastly her bedroom seeing her asleep in bed.

She was lying with the covers over her body. But the way she moved, I turned on the audio, just as I thought. Her moans rang through my speakers as I watched the covers move and her free hand held onto the sheets.

I watched with both hands on the tablet. Eyes glued on the screen, I watched as her climax rose and her hair rubbed against her pillows. My hand reached to my lap but froze.

Closing my eyes, I shook my head and turned off the tablet. I took a deep breath before throwing the tablet at the wall breaking it. Standing, I paced back and forth holding my head.

I had no choice but to let her go. But the fact that I couldn't have her anymore bothered me to my core.

She wasn't mine anymore.

~Today~

Aria

I woke up early like any other day. Glued to my bed sheets, I am constantly reminded of what's waiting when I get to work. I had my morning shower and coffee as usual. But what I also did as usual..

"Shhhhit." I rushed, grabbing my toast and eggs and putting it in a napkin along with my medicine. I grabbed my meal and keys running out the door just to come back for my purse at the last second.

"I'm late, I'm late, I'm late." Pushing my phone to my ear. "Hello."

"Ma'am I'm outside-"

"I know. I know." My assistant turned to look at me as I rushed barefoot to the car. "And stop calling me ma'am. I'm not old."

Hanging up the phone, my friend opened the door.

"Friend or not you're still my boss. Thanks by the way."