Chapter 2

Aria

We made it to the dinner but Levi has been in his own head. And by the way he's speaking, I can tell something's off.

"I'm sorry but tonight has been reserved for-"

"Yes. For Aria Reign party of five." The worker nodded and gestured for us to follow them.

I followed the worker and sat at the end of the table with Levi to my right.

"Will your other party-"

"They will be here soon." The worker nodded and walked away as I Looked at Levi.

"What's with you?"

"What."

"You're being all rude."

"No I'm not, what do you mean?" I gave him a look and he just shrugged and looked at the menu in front of him like there was nothing wrong.

Not long after, my client and his men showed. But upon raising my attention from the menu to them, I was surprised to find my neighbor sitting across from me.

Though the encounter seemingly didn't surprise him, it sure did surprise me. And especially Levi.

They spoke to each other in Korean before my neighbor's attention was drawn to me.

"I'm..sorry about earlier. I had no idea you were.."

"And neither did I..." he spoke, sending chills down my spine, looked at Levi with a smug look and then back at me. "Allow me to explain."

"I've been in contact with one of your.. men and not you.. that right?" Levi interrupted, clearly holding a grudge.

"Exactly" he looked at him and then back at me just before standing while fixing his suit. "Allow me to apologize for the misunderstanding." He walked closer and took my hand, leaning over, and kissed my knuckles, keeping my eyes locked with his.

"Let's start over. Hayes Tae." His brown eyes practically swallowed mine as I got stuck.

"Aria Reign."

Noticing my gaze, he chuckled under his breath before Levi spoke, practically popping a blood vessel in his eye.

"About the sales you wanted to talk about."

"Right." He let go of my hand and gently while looking down at the table, cutting his gaze.

I closed my mouth rubbing my lips together to spread my red lipstick.

Looking down at his hand I got a close up of his tattoo that practically covered the back of his right hand. A flower, my favorite one in fact.

Hayes walked back to his seat across from me and sat down. I looked at my lap and then the files in front of me before looking at the man across from me.

He's a client. Practically a coworker. What's wrong with me?

"You wanted to uh.. double the amount you regularly receive." I spoke trying to clear my mind and focus on the words on the paper.

"Yes. For what we are doing, we need more, to put it simply."

"Well what's the not so simple way?" The guy we communicated through turned and looked at Hayes and spoke in Korean as if to keep what he wanted to say from me. But for some reason I was able to get at least a small understanding.

He spoke about something involving family, business, talking to his ex-girlfriend, and forgetting past relationships.

Though it wasn't relevant with business, me listening in wasn't something I wanted to do. Either way, Hayes' expression when looking at him was as if he was putting a puppy in its place. The man shut up and cleared his throat before looking forward and taking a sip of his water on the table.