Chapter 13

Hayes

Rubbing my face and stepping back and forth, I held the ringing phone up to my ear.

"Come on Aria. Pick up the phone." Looking at my computer, I knew she could see my contact. For fucks sake she was holding her phone watching it.

But when she picked up, I froze before speaking,

"Damn it Aria I was worried something happened.."

"..." silence. Though I could see her as she sat up while watching her screen.

"You just left work without telling anyone. What's wrong."

Feeling a tap on my shoulder, I looked over at my worker's computer which held security forage from behind her desk. It showed just what she was doing after she pushed both Levi and I out.

~she knows~ I looked over at the monitor with her bedroom on. Putting my hand in my pocket, I spoke.

"You're at home? Talk to me."

"...I don't wanna talk anymore."

"There's that beautiful voice ... what do you mean."

"I-... I mean I don't want you to come over anymore.. if you want money for helping me get under my assistant's skin then I'll have it within a day."

"What are you talking about.,, I'm coming over."

"No-" I cut her off by handing up the phone. My eyes stayed glued on the monitor as I ground my teeth.

"Who fed her the idea to look me up?" It didn't take much of anything to figure that out.

Snatching my jacket from the chair in front of me, I left the room regardless of being needed at this hour. My girl needs me more.

I got in the car and sped off. Since I was called in to work, the drive was long, but nothing was too much when it came to her.

Once I got there. That ex of hers was already there, standing at the door. I stepped on the brakes taking my speed down from 50 to 0, got out of the car walking to the front door.

"She told you she didn't want you here. You lost." As he spoke, I scoffed as my feet continued to move. But he decided to step in my way. "Get lost-"

I drew my gun and aimed it at his face. His hands went up as he began to step back. "So you're gonna hide behind a gun?" I lifted my chin holding eye contact with him.

"Think you're so bold huh."

"I just know you don't have the ball-" Tired of his shit, I hit him in the side of his head with my weapon. He fell to the ground and I stepped over him.

"Sit the fuck down already." Reaching to open the door, it opened before I got the chance. I quickly put my gun behind my back, putting it away. My eyes met with hers, though she only poked her head out to speak, I smiled at her. "Hey princess."

"Hayes..." She spoke hesitantly while her eyes drifted to the ground behind me. I stepped in the way, making her eyes look back at me.

"You need to go."

"Why... did something happen?"

"...please just go."

"Please just listen..." Aggravated, I closed my eyes for a second and looked to the side before looking back at her. She was scared. "I don't mean to scare you... if maybe we can just talk."

"No.. I don't think we need to talk."

"Baby-."

"Don't call me that. You should go."