Chapter 4

Aria

I rolled my eyes and put my phone down enjoying my bowl until he came knocking at the door.

"Ughh, my goodness." I put down my spoon and walked to the door. Opening it, I didn't know what to think when I saw him with his face all sad. "Youuu okay?"

"Okay?... I thought you were hurt or."

"Levi, you're overreacting. And over him? He's just a client. My phone died and I would have had to walk far to get to you so he just gave me a ride.

"Still... I wish you had told me beforehand."

"Like I said before. My phone died. Now go home. It's late and I wanna take a bath." I pushed the door about to close it but he opened it back up. "Levi, what is your problem? He's just a guy."

"He's dangerous."

"And how would you know that?" He just stayed silent. "I'm waiting.." he just looked around as if he was looking for an excuse. "...I'll see you in the morning, Levi." I closed my front door, locked it, and returned to my dinner.

"Why does he act like Hayes killed his dog when he was a kid." I shook my head and put the empty bowl in the dishwasher before heading upstairs. But something felt off.

Before I went into the hall, I paused at the top step looking down the dark hallway. The atmosphere, or something else felt weird. I grabbed the small hand gun from my purse, turning off the safety and aimed it while turning on the light. But nothing was there. Just the empty hall of closed doors. But I didn't just let that slide. I knew something was different.

Slowly, I made my way down the hall checking each room as quietly as I could be. One room at a time I checked but nothing or no one was there.

Finally I came to my room, the biggest space upstairs. There was a large bathroom and a walk in closet but no under bed area as my bed rests on a low to ground stand. Patiently, I checked behind my curtains and in the bathroom. Coming to the closet, I looked with my gun forward. Turning on the light switch, I huffed in frustration remembering I had to fix the sealing light.

Standing from where I can see the room, I used the moonlight coming in from the window as the light I needed. Letting my eyes adjust, I scanned the room over and over until I backed out and locked the door from the outside using my house keys.

Keeping my weapon in hand, I went to my bedroom door and locked it from the inside. Exhaling, I put the weapon on my nightstand and got ready for bed while keeping an ear out.

"Maybe I was just over reacting." I walked to my bed and took in one more glance of the room before getting too comfortable. I even stayed up on my laptop because of my paranoia.

In the morning, I woke up rubbing my eyes as usual until I remembered what happened. Sitting up fast, I looked around the room, checking. Getting up, I stretched and grabbed my hand gun heading to the closet with the keys. Unlocking it, I slowly went in cautiously. But soon checking every corner, nothing was out of place and no one was there.

"...I must be over reacting."

I continued my day as usual. Nothing was out of place so there's nothing to be worried about...

Levi came to pick me up. I did my makeup in the car. It was a tight schedule so we had to take our time at work. Longer shifts, no breaks today. I had to oversee shipments coming in along with Hayes's extra order. On Top of that, I had to make an anonymous order to restock and replace that hole he made.

Not a word about outside work was spoken between Levi and I. Though he tried, I wanted it that way. All he tried was to apologize but I stopped his sentence by sending him on an errand. It's nothing towards him but the fact that we have known each other so long and he never even spoke about Hayes. If they knew each other I'm sure he would have mentioned it or atleast explained himself by now.