Chapter 11

Levi

~We sat at the bar. The dark lighting in here was different compared to the rest of the building. I wanted to make this as short as I possibly can but I also wanted to make use of this time. I brought him to this bar because there is no way in hell that I'm sharing a meal with him. ~

"So. You're Levi. We finally meet-"

"Cut the shit. Look. You don't need to act like you have been with Aria. Walking around and talking like we've never met before. Though she may not, I still remember what happened last time you thought you were close to her."

"Fine. But knowing you, you didn't just bring me here just because Aria said to."

"Stop acting like you know me because you don't." Someone came and took our drink request. Once I had my drink, I continued to speak with him.

"But what I don't understand is why you're trying to get back together with Aria. You're the one that ended it the last time. Why are you trying to get back with her knowing that it's just going to end badly once again?"

He stayed quiet for a moment as the bartender came back with his drink. Since it wasn't a normal one, they had to mix it.

"Do both of you a favor and stop now before you end up hurting her more. Whatever power you have can't be good for her life and you know it." I stood about to walk off until he spoke again. "And it won't be enough against me."

"Sit down. I'm not done yet." His voice, though it was intimidating, I was going to listen to him, so I stood and listened.

"You don't understand what happened and how Aria and I broke up. So don't try and compare our relationship to your sorry ass excuse for middle school love." He stood and looked me in the eyes. "At the end of the day. You're just sad that the dick she'll be happy to sit on, is mine." If this lunatic wasn't as important as he was, he'd be on the ground apologizing for what he just said.

"Cut the shit and grow the balls you've been trying to put in my girl's hands. No matter how hard you try, you will always be her friend." His smirk made my blood boil.

~What he was saying about Aria-... this crazy man shouldn't ever even have the chance to talk about her that way~

"I don't think I need to remind you who she actually remembers. I'm sure you've noticed by now, but she's not the same Aria."

"Like I can't just fuck her memory back into place. She'll remember."

Those words and that smug look on his face triggered something forcing my right hand to ball up and swing.

~who the hell does he think he is!~

I threw a punch but before I knew it, I was the one on the ground looking up at Hayes in disbelief. The sounds of chairs scooting and clicks of fire arms filled the room within an instant.

Hayes raised his arm, halting the room with that damn smirk on his face.

"Stay away from what's mine. From who's mine... and maybe I'll spare you." Hayes turned to the waiter before tossing back his drink. "It's on him." After pressing his wrist to his lip, he put his hands in his pockets as he stepped over me heading out the door while the room resumed its normal chattering noise.

~what the hell just happened.~

I held the side of my face that now bleed from my brow.

~did he hit me?... when.. how the hell.~

Standing to my feet, I made my way, sitting in my seat.

"That asswipe can't have her. He's not good for her. I'm the only one good for her. She knows that."

Hayes pov

"그는 여전히 흥분한 십대처럼 행동합니다. 그 사람은 이전에 한 번도 교훈을 배운 적이 없었어요"

(That cunt still acts like a horny teenager. Never got taught a lesson before)

I shook my head while I made my way to the elevator. "Only thing he gained other than fake confidence was a stiff jaw." I shook my hand looking at the bruise on it.

~like that matters though.~

Taking out my phone, I looked at its lock screen to make sure that waste of time didn't waste any of mine. And no, nothing. Nothing but the sight for sore eyes that somehow makes things worth delaying such an important business trip.

Reaching the top floor, I stepped out and made my way to her office. Upon entering, I couldn't help but stare. She was concentrating on whatever was on the screen before her.

~how the hell does someone look so fuckable concentrating on emails~

I took a deep breath and shifted my wait to one foot as I leaned against the doorframe with my hands in my pocket. I just couldn't help it. The memory of last night, the way she let me hold her, the way we kissed, all of that fueled my need to have her back. And just thinking about it makes me-

~shit-..~ I looked away from her before looking down at myself. Luckily I stoped myself, unlike last night. I was this close to revisiting her last night as he turned my black sheets white. ~do you see the shit you make of me Aria. How utterly weak, you just being there makes everything.~

"You're back." My ears perked up and so did my head giving her my full attention.

"Didn't want to break whatever concentration you had going on."

"I'm done now." She sat back in her seat while taking a deep breath. My legs moved on their own wanting to be closer to her, so I allowed them.

Now standing beside her, my eyes scanned every part of her.

"Why do you do that."

"Do what."

"You stare... and don't touch." She looked at me from the pile of paperwork on her desk.

I had to take a second before I did a lot more than just touch her on top of these files.

"You're the one who said to wait." The moment she realized what I meant, she couldn't hold back her smile. Good. I've always loved it when she smiled.

"I didn't mean-"

"But I did." I stepped behind her and dragged my hands down her shoulders, teasing my touch as the sides of my hands brushed against her breast.

"Is this better, princess?"

"...yes." She hesitated to speak as my hands made their way off her arms and to her waist. Leaning over, she leaned her head to the side giving me access to her neck. I kissed it gently regardless of her hair being in the way. It's still her, it's still precious.

When my hands made their way to her hips, dragging between her legs, she gasped. Though she was wearing pants, she couldn't hide how warm she had gotten.

As I dragged my lips up to her cheek, her gasps grew louder ever so slightly, just enough for me to hear and appreciate the way I was making her feel. As my hand dragged closer and closer, her hand clung to my wrist just before I held her heat in the palm of my hand. I moved my hand down to get all of her, and just from that, her back arched and her mouth closed making her hiss as she took her breath.

Moving my free hand to her neck, slowly but gently, I caressed it before turning her head with my thumb.

"You seem ready enough for me." She opened her eyes, meeting mine as hers stayed hooded over.

"Maybe I am."

~

6/28 /24

Word count: 1253