Chapter 14

Aria

Opening my eyes, it's been a week and it's still almost like an instinct to unlock my phone and check his messages. But today, that smile I found plastered on my face every day was gone. I even found myself unlocking my phone to make sure I wasn't missing anything. And just as I wanted it. Nothing. I wanted that.

Right?

I laid there for so long looking at the empty spot his 'good morning' message would be.

"No. Aria you can't think of him anymore. That's over... and what's to say it was even real.." I spoke to myself as I put my phone to the side. "This is the best thing.. everything will go back to normal... he said he'd leave you alone." I tried my best to keep myself together. He had to be nothing to me.. but was that possible?

Pulling my pillow over my head, I groaned and acted like a child that couldn't get their way... but this is what I wanted.. right?

"How am I gonna do this." Just then, my phone buzzed with a text. Quickly, I moved the pillow and sat up, snatching my phone from the sheets. But upon reading it, disappointment covered my face. It was Levi checking in on me since he's been at the hospital and can't come to me like he wants to.

-they said it was a light concussion. Nothing serious.

-sorry about the late text. They said I had to keep my eyes off of screens for a while.

No, I understand. You have the day off, you should- take that to lay around and sleep. Get as much rest as possible.-

-will do boss. And it's time to get up, you can't be late.

I won't. And thanks for the reminder.-

Now get some more sleep-

-Will do ❤️

I put my phone to the side while rubbing my head.

~I should be happy that he's alright, that's all he did to him, Hayes could have done much worse if he wanted to.~

Getting out of bed, I got myself ready and got in my car slightly on time. Driving down the street, it was almost as if I'd cleared my head. That is, until my car was passing his house. I couldn't help but look, but there were no cars there anymore, not even, from where I could see, his bike out front. The lights were out as well, like he wasn't there...

When he was here he was always there at this time of the day.

The same thing repeated in my head on the way home. It was as if he never actually claimed his house that day months ago.

I wanted to stop by and see if he was still there but I knew that I shouldn't. I'd be late for work even if I stop by for just a quick second.

The next day while driving to work I turned my music up and tried not to think about him, just about the things I have scheduled for today.

After parking in my spot, I went straight to my office. I checked my schedule and saw that I have a meeting with one of my clients who needs some more supplies.

Being one of the few who Levi has to keep an eye on, he's always tried to flirt with me and take me out on dates. Since the day he became my client he has tried this, and each time I have reminded and kept him in check.

Client. Supplier.

~Supplier... fuck- there I go again~ I rubbed my head and tried to get him out of my head. The one who actually broke free of that title given by me.

But this particular client was different. Nothing like Hayes... nothing.

I looked down at my phone wondering why I have yet to take his photo from my Lock Screen. How could I do that? Maybe it keeps slipping my mind?...

Back to work, I shook my head and looked at the schedule.

"I'll have to push that to tomorrow. Levi will be back from recovery by this afternoon but I don't expect anything from him just yet." I canceled the meeting and rescheduled it. "And there's no way I'm taking that meeting alone with that prick." Going through the other meetings, I put together multiple timers and alarms before getting my work together. It was hectic, but I got it done.

At the end of the day, I drove home with no music this time, just ready to go to bed. When it came to passing his house this time around, I wanted so badly to ignore it and go to bed. We haven't spoken in a week. He might not even still be in America.

~just a quick peek wouldn't hurt right?....~

When it came time to look as I passed the trees, there it was, his home, but no cars, no bike.

"He's gone.. he has to be.." For some reason I needed proof regardless of my statement.

I slowed down and pulled into the driveway. With it being a long drive up, my mind had plenty of time to criticize itself. When I parked and stepped out of the car, I looked at the house trying to think of something to say if he was in fact home.

"Maybe hi is a good start... and an explanation of why I would show up here after wanting separation?... I'll see what he says after hi first... maybe that's the better idea." With nothing but my keys and phone in my pockets, I locked my car and knocked on the door before taking a step back.

After 20 seconds, no answer, no sound. I stepped up again but before my hand could even connect with the door, a loud blood curtailing screaming came from inside.

The only thing I could make out was. "FUUUCK." and "NO" in Korean, yelled to the top of his lungs. It sounded like it was a man's voice.

~Was that Hayes? Is he okay?! I have to get inside~

I had to help him, I have to.

7/19/24

Word Count: 1035