Chapter 9

Aria

I walked inside my house after reminding Levi that I can in fact handle myself. Before closing the door I waved at him with a smile trying to ease the tension between us as much as possible.

I put my purse down on my counter and walked upstairs to my room. While kicking my shoes off, I closed my door. Looking at my phone it was only 6:00 pm so I knew I had plenty of time to get ready for tonight.

Walking into my bathroom I ran the bath water then went to my closet trying to find a nice but simple dress. I don't want to dress too well on our date. Not yet.

I paused thinking about it for the first time. I guess it is a date... I smiled as I looked through the many dresses that were hung up. Eventually I found a dress that would fit the occasion.

I walked back to the bathroom after laying my dress out on my bed and turning off the water. Getting in the tub, I tried to relax before going out, but my mind had other plans.

I just couldn't stop thinking about how I was about to go on a date after so long. I've been trying to hold off on getting in a relationship for a while because of other reasons besides wanting to try and focus on my job since it started to spike all of a sudden. But the main thing I couldn't stop thinking about was him.

His eyes. His hair. His tattoos. His piercings that compliment his ears and hair. His lips. Everything about him just draws me in and makes me want to know everything about him.

I snapped myself back into reality.

"What are you doing to me." I sunk down in the water while putting my head back against the back of the tub. Looking up to the ceiling, I took a deep breath before grabbing my phone to check what time it was. I had an hour and a half to get ready before he got here.

Getting out of the tub and wrapping a towel around myself, I went to the mirror to see what I was working with, next was my hair. It was a bit frizzy, because of the time crunch, I calmed the frizz and straightened my hair the best I could.

But looking in the mirror after the first few strands, I should've known that it wouldn't straighten like I wanted it to. So instead I decided to put my hair in a low ponytail with two strained loose, to add something to it.

Walking out to my bed I looked at the dress for a second before putting it on and looking in the bathroom wall mirror. After making sure the dress looked good on me, I did my makeup.

I wanted to go for a kind of nude but bold look, making sure not to overdo it

I wanted to go for a kind of nude but bold look, making sure not to overdo it. Just as I was finishing up, there was a ring on from my doorbell.

"Shit." I rushed to put on my jewelry and my heels before going to my nightstand and getting my security keychain. You can never be too safe. Especially when going alone to a place with a man like this.