• Chapter 22 •

I knew I said I would choose Zeke over Hayden, but some things just couldn't get done overnight

Never in the days I still hoped Hayden would jump in my bedroom window with the intention to make a mess with me—but the situation was already messy to begin with. He was already over me, and forget about all the good things we've done together.

I made him feel so much better than what his wife could do. I could do better than her. She's better off dead.

I would take her man back with me.

Renee was still going to work, Hayden would give her a ride to her workplace, and he would also pick her up back home. But during her fourth month, I just found out she asked to work from her home, and so at that point, there would never be a point in my life that I could hope for Hayden to get in my bed once again.

So, I had to find the perfect time to see Hayden leaving their house.

I was sneaking through the living room's window when I saw someone come out of the door and it was Hayden. He went straight to their car in the driveway, and as soon as he got their car out of it, he drove away. I didn't take my chance away and took a taxi passing by and told the driver to follow the car to where it was heading. I didn't care how much it would cost me.

The ride didn't take long, we reached the local hardware where I watched Hayden walk inside the store. I paid for the taxi and walked inside the store looking for his whereabouts.

I don't know where to find him. I had no idea what to say when I got to find him. I'm kind of scared. Alam ko naman wala naman siyang gagawing masama sa akin. Both of us did it behind his wife's back. If he didn't want to continue it with me anymore, I needed some closure.

I checked every aisle to look for him, and when I found him, I didn't move in my spot until his head shifted to my direction and there he saw me standing like a statue, staring at him like he was a painting on the wall.

He looked at me, stood tall, and put his hand inside his pocket.

"Mitchel," he said. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

I knew I had come up with something. "Uh. . . I was looking for a filter pump for my kitchen sink. Jax told me to get one soon so I thought I should get one so he could fix it sooner. . ."

"Jax," he muttered. "He was the plumber, right?"

Dahan-dahan naman akong tumango sa kanya habang naglalakad sa palapit sa akin. There was this tension that was building up. Kaming dalawa lamang ang nasa aisle na 'to, and it was intense for me. I felt like I would be gone in my knees as sooner as I thought.

"Are you fucking him?" he asked, clenching his jaw. 

Napapikit-pikit ang mata ko sa tanong niya. Hindi ko alam kung sasagutin ko ba siya o magdadahilan na lang ulit ako.