Chapter 25: A Cool Bus Chase and a Blast from the 80s Past

Miguel is placed on a chair. Suddenly, a syringe from the chair injects into his head.

A computer speaks. "Connection with Usog confirmed. Practices the Eyes of Fire. Skin color is light brown. Subject's hair is black. Strong eyebrows. Pointed jawline. Burn marks on the tongue and upper jaw. Burn marks on the hands, which shouldn't be since he wields fire. Must indicate the ability of culinary arts. Rather fit but stretch marks are shown in the abdomen and shoulder area. Contains bunyon on left foot. Bruises are present despite of ability to regenerate. Fit yet muscular. Blood is indeed divine in terms of origin. Blood is indeed a hybrid of a Pantheon and an Aswang."

Miguel's eyes quiver. "It's okay... Least I got some new friends along the way..."

Meanwhile...

"FAIYA!!!"

Flames erupted from the Reaper's fist, burning the enemies alive, followed by the fading echoes of demonic wails. The Reaper with his scythe and Prometheus with his sticks engage in a fierce struggle against the pursuing demons.

"BUBBLE BOMB!!!" A massive explosion occurs in the distance.

With the Reaper and his scythe and Prometheus with his formidable sticks, they repelled the demonic onslaught, protecting their friends.

Athena's clones swiftly ushered the group onto the CoolDudeBus, urgency was etched all over their faces.

"THEY'RE GONNA KILL US!!!" Lord yelled out into the window.

"FLOOR IT, THENES!!!" Anna's command activated Athena's command system as the CoolDudeBus sped away, the clones forming a makeshift humanoid driver.

"OH MY GOD!!!" Anna gasped, witnessing the demons causing havoc, crashing into buildings, leaving destruction in their wake.

"NO!!! NO, GOD!!! PLEASE!!!" A man's desperate plea echoed from a nearby building, the gruesome aftermath obscured by splattered blood on a window.

The demons, relentless in their malevolence, preyed upon those in the streets, leaving a trail of chaos. The scene unfolded as they targeted cars, tearing through drivers and consuming families.

The demonic laughter echoed, marking their capture of "useful" individuals for Aurora's empire.

"I can't believe they voted for Aurora! WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY VOTE FOR AURORA!?!?" asked Anna.

"Yeah. Politicians, man," said Fred. 

"2016. 2016 is the answer!" smiled Jedan while eating a burrito in the back.

"NOT... HELPING!!!" yelled Anna.

The demon horde begins scampering toward them.

"Jed?" sighed Anna.

Jed then pops his body out the skylight window and begins stretching his arms, elongating them as he turns his fists into hammers. "HAMMER RUSH!!!" he yelled, throwing a flurry of punches at the demon horde and taking most of them out.

Suddenly, a demon manages to bite Jedan's neck.

Jedan grows muscles and grabs the demon and grand slams him to the roof.

The demon exchanges punches only for Jedan to stretch his head backward and slingshot it to the demon's face, headbutting him and knocking him out. Jed tries healing his wound, but some sort of black poison begins entering his veins. "Agh!"

Jedan faints on the roof as Lord pulls him back in.

"JED!!!" yelled Lord.

"Crap. Demon poison," said Gerard. "I'm gonna have to suck it."