Concealed Paths

Zephyr's deep, gravelly voice cut through the room, "That her father might try to escape tonight." The reaction was almost instantaneous, with everyone rolling their eyes in unison. "Typical human behavior," someone muttered under their breath.

A low voice emerged from the group, "Do you have her picture...?"

Zephyr shook his head, "No, I don't."

"Frederick!!!" Zephyr called.

Frederick swiftly entered the room, his posture indicating readiness, "Yes, your majesty?"

Zephyr inquired, "Have you made the arrangements for the family?"

"Yes, your majesty. Everything has been looked into. But what work do you want me to assign them? I don't suppose we can assign the work other human slaves do around the palace," Leif growled, his protective instincts rising.

"No!!! They won't be slaves! What the fuck is he talking about, Zeph? Why would she work as slaves when we know how they are treated by our race?" Lysander, maintaining his calm demeanor, replied, "Leif, she won't be a slave. But we need to assign work to the adults of the family to avoid bringing attention to them. We are taking them in right after our revelation to the humans. They are just looking for a weak link to throw us off the throne."

Addressing Frederick, Zephyr gave hisinstructions, "When the family arrives tomorrow, ask them if they are okaywith gardening or kitchen work and assign them likewise. Don't assign anythingto HER." The emphasis on "her" hung in the air, a reminder ofthe delicate situation they were navigating. The plan needed to be executedwith precision, ensuring the safety of their newfound human connection.