Shared Destiny

Lysander's eyes widened, his astonishment evident as he questioned, "What do you mean we share a mate?" Zephyr clarified, "I didn't say we share a mate, but there's a possibility." Lysander remained in place as Zephyr called Frederick, instructing him to summon the others. Zephyr emphasized the need for level-headedness and caution in navigating this unexpected situation, to which Lysander simply nodded.

Soon, the office was filled with the presence of the gathered supernaturals. As each entered, Zephyr and Lysander scrutinized their reactions and facial expressions, and the distinctive scent of their shared mate lingered in the air. Though Zephyr could potentially avoid sharing his mate, the widening eyes of each man hinted at the reality they were about to face.

One among them exclaimed, "Fuck! Is it what I think it is?" His amber eyes darkened with intensity. Lysander intervened, urging, "Calm down, Leif. Listen to Zephyr first," directing his gaze toward the demon.

Zephyr then addressed the five men in the room, asking, "Guys, please, one by one, tell me what you smell different here." In unison, they replied, "Mate," their widened eyes betraying the profound realization.

Another voice erupted, "NO! IT'S NOT POSSIBLE! HOW?"

Zephyr's voice cut through the commotion with a dark, low tone, "Stop." The room fell silent, all eyes turning toward him as his black eyes blazed red. The gravity of the situation settled in, and each man gulped in unison. Zephyr shook his head, signaling for them to sit. As they settled on the sofas around the table, not a single sound escaped.

"We all have the same mate," Zephyr stated plainly. Thaddeus, the warlock, countered, "But that's not possible. Only twins or closely related creatures share a mate." Zephyr acknowledged, "That's true, but it has happened before. Not in such a large group, but mateship between four males of different origins. It might be that we have been together, saving and supporting each other through hardship—first against our own and then humans. Our magic must have bonded us in some way."

A voice resonated in the room, "So, is anyone gonna tell where our mate is now?" The room awaited Zephyr's revelation, the anticipation heavy in the air.