Chapter Four

"Where are you going?" Gabbi asked me as I crept towards the front door.

"Ohh uhh.." I stuttered, "just maybe a walk on the beach and maybe to the mall for a little while..." I didn't know what to say or do so I lied a little.. honestly hoping she wouldn't invite herself to tag along

"Ohh sounds fun.." She sadly said. "Just uhh be back before 5, we have dinner plans.." With that she walked back up to her room. She probably wanted me to chase after her and tell her to get her shit together and come along, but honestly neither Sam nor I wanted Kian or Gabbi to come along.

Not that we had anything against them, I mean I love Gabbi with all my heart and would never do anything to hurt her...and Kian, I think I'm really starting to like him but something doesn't seem right at the moment... And Sam and I have never really talked one on one with out them being around so we wanted a day, just to ourselves.

I saw Sam sitting on the curb outside the mall with his longboard by his feet and his phone in his lap, probably scrolling through twitter and tumblr which he seemed to be addicted to. I took a seat next to him on the curb seeing if he would notice, and surely enough her did. He looked over at me and smiled, a clever smile. Then he tackled me while hugging me, he brought us to the ground on the curb then later pulled me up and walked into the crowded mall. We were both starving so we walked over to the Cheesecake Factory. As we sat down we really talked and got to know each other and all about each other... I would say we knew things about each other we probably didn't even want to know but the weird and sillyness in each other is what really made us click. I think I knew more about Sam then I knew about myself.

We spent the rest of the day going to stores and tried on the weirdest, ugliest outfits to take pictures in, but refrained from posting them anywhere due to Kian and Gabbi. All we ended up buying were matching bracelets, they were braided pink and blue leather . Pink for my favorite color, and Blue for Sams, on the inside of the bracelets it said "Sam and Emma Bffs (: " so when I went back home to the rotten streets of New York, ill always remember Sam and he'll always remember me as his summer best friend.

The clock already reached 4:30 so we headed back taking the long route so we could walk along the beach where we first met. We talked all about our first time meeting each other and how much fun that was. The four of us really did have a special friendship that I never had in New York. It made me feel happy and wanted to be around instead of alone with my private school class of about 200 students. We ran up to the boardwalk and got scoops of ice cream. Mine a chocolate scoop in a cup and his a strawberry scoop in a cup so we could share the two scoops. We finished our snack and headed for Gabbi's house talking about our day overall. We both agreed to do it again soon and always spend time with each other one on one, no matter what it comes down to.. We always need to make time for occasions like this. I had been waiting to ask Sam about Kian all day! I knew Sam would give me the best advice on Kian and what hes like with girls since the were best friends!

"Soo uhh Sam.. You're best friends, like inseperable with Kian right?" I shyly question trying not to make it too awkward talking about another guy. I looked at him after he did not reply for a good thirty seconds, he finally rolled his eyes and got out the words, "oh yeah.. I am.. Are you just another one of those girls? Who use me to get to Kian.."

"No! Never! I consider you as one of my best friends now! I would never and had never thought of doing that to you Sam..." My hands were shaky.. I didn't want to loose one of my only friends here. He really and truly meant a lot to me. A sad expression rolled across his face, as if it seemed like all the wheels where turning inside his head. He walked along in silence as the walk quickly came to an awkward silence.

"Plus..I don't even like Kian Sam! I like you and always have liked you since the first day on the beach!" His eyes met mine in a puzzled and confused look. I pulled my eyes away from his immediately. And now our walk had just gone from awkward to speechless.