Chapter 22

Twelve Weeks Later…

Kix sighed, King Fox had pushed the date back to meet them all to Christmas Day which would either go down good or bad, at least a board game wasn't involved as Jesse so rudely pointed out. Christmas day was in a few days but at the minute Kix was in the process of getting an unexpected visitor. 

It was a typical game of friendly football with Jesse a captain against Rex. They had a few over including Omega, the batch and Mayday's kids. The twins of insanity as Fives had called them plus they had nicknames, Hexx and Veetch, Kix hadn't a clue where the nicknames had come from but Mayday did mention they were acronyms for their names or so the twins told him. Kix smiled watching Jesse mess around with the kids and throw Omega in the air. Kix still wasn't speaking to either Hunter or Wrecker, the two had apologised but the medic wasn't having it. Crosshair hadn't come home for twelve weeks, he had gone off the radar. Mayday explained that he was safe but that was all he would share. 

A sigh escaped him as he put another dish away only for the doorbell to alert him to someone he totally wasn't expecting. 

"Hi Nix" Kix was in shock hearing the nickname from Hera, it was a mix between Nanna and his name. He almost cried seeing another smirking at him, a silver haired man holding a little girl on his hip. 

Hera hugged Kix's waist before stepping aside, allowing Kix to pull his missing son into a hug. Crosshair grinned at him, allowing his mother to pull him close. 

"Hey, think we can come in?" Crosshair grunted out, Kix nodded, stepping aside while admiring the little blond girl on his hip who had bits of silver in her hair. 

"Of course but we will be having a word later. Who's this?" Kix asked, watching Hera walk towards the window where the others were outside including the batch, Omega, Rex, Jesse and Fives. The brothers tackled each other while Mayday and his sons played king of the mountain on top of the brothers. 

"This is Violet, my other daughter. She's five" Crosshair whispered, his daughter smiled brightly at Kix who offered her a biscuit. She took it with thanks. 

"Is she okay?" Kix whispered. 

"Yeah, she just doesn't speak much, not after what we escaped. I will explain later but it's to do with the past and Tarkin" Crosshair muttered, Kix nodded, he went to ask something when two squeals had their heads turning. 

It would seem Omega and Hera had reunited, the two jumping around like lunatics bringing in the others. Jesse walked in only to smile, he moved swiftly over to his son and pulled him close. 

"You back?" 

"Kind of" 

"Want to spar?" Jesse whispered. 

"Na not for a few months" Crosshair muttered. 

"Eh? Why?" Jesse looked at him confused only for Crosshair to pass a small envelope over. Kix immediately opened it only to gasp, Jesse moved to look and froze. 

"Congrats" Jesse whispered, Crosshair smiled slightly but that dropped especially when he found himself frozen on the spot as another individual walked into the room. 

"Cro-ss-hair?" Tech's voice wobbled seeing the silver haired man who nodded, Tech was instantly across the room, the genius took notice of the little girl on the hip of the one he loves so much. 

"Are you okay?" Tech asked, Crosshair only smiled, "I am fine, however I do need to talk to you and the other three regarding something important" Crosshair whispered, lifting an arm slightly, Tech took the opportunity to hug him without hesitation. Crosshair grinned hugging back tightly, a whine had Crosshair pulling away only to turn his focus to his five year old, Violet whimpered.