Chapter 27

"Hera's gone"

Crosshair could only sigh, "Where?" He never asked what had happened as Tech passed the paper over. He froze reading his own words before looking over Hera's note. 

"Give me ten minutes," Crosshair muttered, climbing into his car. He reversed off the drive and sped down the road, when Echo noticed he missed the road for the train station, the message clicked. 

"Oh she's gone to the station beside the graveyard…she's…" Echo whispered, they all looked at him with shock and moved into the living room. 

"He's going to murder us all" Wrecker said with a whine, Hunter rubbed his back. 

"We need to make a decision," Tech stated. 

"What decision?" Hunter looked up at Echo's voice. 

"Whether Hera and Crosshair stay or we lose them both because we know how much Hera cares for Crosshair and vice versa, they come as a package deal and on top of that we said we wanted to be part of the unborns life but instead none of us have contacted Cross, to see how he's doing" Tech explained, all of them sighed. 

"Both Omega and Hera were right. We wanted the family so why didn't we act on it" Wrecker mumbled. 

"Because we are scared that we are going to lose him again" Hunter answered the silent question, all heads turned to the bandana man. 

"Yea that's accurate" Tech added, moving closer to Wrecker. 

"We fear rejection so we did it first…oh god we are so stupid…he's never going to forgive us" Echo muttered, "He's been protecting us from the force who use people for their benefit then try and abuse them. Which is why he didn't tell me about Fives, oh I'm an idiot" Echo added, Tech sighed watching the older one in their relationship get worked up. 

"He never asked for our forgiveness, instead he showed his own through gifts. Oh we need to get him back, we are falling apart without him. I never realised how much of an impact he made on us and now we just argue all the time" Hunter spoke in a gentle tone, his eyes fell on Omega who smiled at him. 

"Omega?" 

"Yes father?" 

"Would you like Crosshair and Hera to become a part of our family permanently?" Hunter asked, Omega could only grin, "Yes but only if you let him be free. Crosshair isn't one for sticking around for good reason, Hera explained his mind wanders over every bad scenario and he has to go check on people to make sure it doesn't happen. Don't take away his freedom, he's earned it after everything he's been through" Omega added, Hunter nodded kissing her hairline before watching her go and hug a crying Echo who pulled her close, the man emotional while his lovers moved closer so they could hold each other. 

Unaware that in another area a sobbing mermaid haired girl was curled into the chest of her mother who held her tightly while they sat opposite a grave stone had them both gripping each other. It read 'Caleb Huxley, son, brother and twin to those who cared deeply for him. A child lost too soon but now flies with the angels'.

"Happy birthday and Merry Christmas Caleb" Hera patted the stone, Crosshair pulled her close as he looked down at his watch reading 00:01. It was officially Christmas Day, he kissed her head while replying to a text from Mayday who had sent a picture of his own sons and Violet curled up together. A smirk landed on his face. 

"Happy birthday turtle. Merry Christmas Heralita, I'm here for you" Crosshair whispered, kissing her forehead as she drifted off to sleep. He never said a word as he put a bouquet of flowers down and headed for his car which was parked beside the gate.